Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some pretty small ones I like to break off using them in 1/4" stuff :rare2:.
My favorite are the blue point straight flue extractors, they come in a kit that's sold on the snap on truck, but I bought mine off ebay for quite a bit cheaper.
Here's a kit missing the small ones for $.99, but shipping is $30 :nofunny:, and he's only got one sale.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/203784747578?hash=item2f72847a3a:g:O2QAAOSwixphz2jCThis ones a bit more, but complete and a proven seller.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2247523242...gj3G|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675&epid=1923108346
That's cool, never thought of that. I have some extractors that are straight and tapered just like that, but with a sharper edge that's hollow ground iirc.
I've cut a grove into the end of many bolts to use a screwdriver. You can cut a pretty fine grove in a bolt with a Dremel.

When I was at a muffler and brake shop working on 5/16 and up many times we would run the nut the wrong way if we suspected it would break(usually from rust), most times it would break leaving it outside the manifold, then you just weld a nut onto it. Then with the y-pipe down you had plenty of space to heat the manifold and get on it better.

Nice load.
All locust? Don't often see it rotten like that.
Yes all locust. It weird , seems one branch of it rotted. The rest is basically petrified. Will be sharpening again later!!

Made some cuts with this little 3/8x64 on a Dolmar 5105 today.
How do you guys think it did?
I'll be tossing it after it dulls as I have a few new in the box sitting here, it's at or beyond the witness marks.
View attachment 954631View attachment 954632
I'm going to go out on a limb and sat it did great. I've hear that they perform real good right before they go out. I haven't run one down there but that's what I had heard.

The only young kids are my own! At 13 and 15 they are able to help... it's the willing part that needs some work. But we are gonna get some good quality family time in this week.
We somehow didn't get any time in last week (probably my own fault.) We did get some today though! I did 4 or 5 myself around lunch and then my girls volunteered this afternoon... and by volunteering I mean they were bickering until I had enough. Now we are gonna do things my way - firewood style! So they completed 10 loads before dark. By the end they were getting along great and laughing. But I had them make sure their headlamps were charged just in case they needed more reminders this evening. If they help tomorrow they may make a few bucks, but not today.

Oh dang....

50’ almost exactly from the Y to about breast hight on the log. And straight as you could ask for out of an oak. 23.5”-24” DBH. Been on the ground for 2 years maybe

And she very well may be all mine for the chainsaw mill.

OH LORD OF LOG GODS..... please ...gimy gimy gimy!
0724de3011796aede71f124c07d23d57.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]🛻

I think you got your money’s worth!
Yep, it was a free chain probably 4 yrs ago, that came with 2 or 3 others and a free saw :).
I'm going to go out on a limb and sat it did great. I've hear that they perform real good right before they go out. I haven't run one down there but that's what I had heard.
Come back in now, hope you got the rope attached, we need to take that one down lol.
I like them best a bit before they get here, but they do fine as long as the cutters all stay on. Sometimes the drive links/rivets will start to slow the chain down as there isn't enough kerf.
Them's yer racin' chains! :chainsaw:
Not quite, but it cut just fine.

Oh dang....

50’ almost exactly from the Y to about breast hight on the log. And straight as you could ask for out of an oak. 23.5”-24” DBH. Been on the ground for 2 years maybe

And she very well may be all mine for the chainsaw mill.

OH LORD OF LOG GODS..... please ...gimy gimy gimy!
0724de3011796aede71f124c07d23d57.jpg

Sent while firmly grasping my Redline lubed Ram [emoji231]🛻
Is that another big oak it fell over, looks like it was paired up with the one on the right middle of the picture.

Latest posts

Back