Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet, when the Romans ruled the world, it was warmer than it is now!!! I think they drove their chariots too much!

What bothers me the most is all the hypocrites talking about climate change. Current policies have increased CO2 emissions both here and around the world all in the name of going green. It is almost like a large portion of the population is brainwashed and can't see straight. It is almost like "talk" is more important than action or a coherent plan.

Looked at this today
View attachment 1051502View attachment 1051501
Been in storage 46 years never touched it was moved to this storage container last fall as the owners barn was about to collapse. It was washed at that time which is unfortunate as it’s always cool to see the dust and dirt .
View attachment 1051503
View attachment 1051504
29,194 miles
View attachment 1051500 427 ci he has the original tri power carb and manifold
Engine is seized solid and will need to come out not sure it will be salvageable . Owner is on the fence if he wants to get involved in fixing the vehicle
those were the days! i remember a neighbor, worked for The Boeing Company and he bot a NIB 67 427 tri power green one! made the pavement shake! lol

mite be on another soon. neighbor called earlier today. chat and inquire as the storm pounded outside!!!

'well, was wondering. i got a tree down from next door or big limb... took out 10' of my fence!!!'

my backyard looks like a small lake, but mite walk down. rains let up a bit.
i love log cabins, but this cabin fever getting to me.... :dumb2:
:lol:
:givebeer:
i looked at it. not oak and it took out 30' of fence.... bit of a mess!

in fact whole town is! couple tornados ripped thru. skate world got tore up and lifted off its foundation. cars on sides. truck/trailers on sides. roofs ripped off. gas lines aflame. building parts in trees... 30 streets closed. thousands without power and elec issue down the 45S out of downtown so bad at drive at 5.... prob the worst traffic jam i have ever seen down here! whole freeway shut down for miles... miles! solid headlights!! trees down and saw running non stop!

and that is just the tip of the iceberg. we got 2" or so rains and fared much better! ~

Don't know much about global warming or climate change other than it's definitely affecting Alaska and something that's been going on since the beginning of our planet!
think cement and concrete! and you will know most of all about it...

i guess AK will soon go like CA... no gasoline nothing!...

can u retrofit AAA's to ur saws? some at least?....

heck, they are doing restomods these days, mint cars and trucks and power train all elec

1674626130692.png1674626137749.png

'fill 'er up, sir?'

"nope!! ... just plug in the cord! here's my credit card and charge me!"

🤩

Don't know much about global warming or climate change other than it's definitely affecting Alaska and something that's been going on since the beginning of our planet!
It changes all the time. Been doing that for millions of years…ain’t gonna stop anytime soon.
next…

My truck is black and it started feeling weird after shifting into drive, what could it be :laugh: .
Sorry, couldn't resist, but I've handled so many of those calls :dizzy:.
Mine actually did start having "that" symptom today right after going to the carwash, but I'm not sure the carwash had anything to do with it. Shakes a bit when it goes into drive, but if I downshift at the same speed I don't feel anything(this is on my 2000 excursion with a v-10 BTW). It does feel as though there is now a slight miss at lower rpm, but I haven't seen the check engine light come on for random misfire yet. I'll check it out a bit more Thursday when I get a bit.
Great your willing to help out, many times it's hard getting help on an older vehicle, then you buy new(well, not me lol) and half the shops can't fix those either :rare2:.
sounds like so many probs chipper... not even a fleet of mechanics could help you! but...
prob simple. u most likely are just low on one of these, maybe both! :popcorn2:

zzzzxbf.JPG

Discussing the "why" can be a political discussion, but looking throughout history, we'd have to be crazy to expect that the climate wouldn't trend one way or another. The old timers here talk about how a 4-5' snow storm here was usual...now a 3-4' snow storm only happens every few years. Back in the really olden times, people walked into N America from Siberia...they had to stick to the coastlines to go further south, as the interior was blocked by ice sheets. So it's no surprise to me that things are warmer than they used to be.
i read its cement's fault! but... for me, i don't think the pix of the shrinking glaciers are shopped!

Yet, when the Romans ruled the world, it was warmer than it is now!!! I think they drove their chariots too much!

What bothers me the most is all the hypocrites talking about climate change. Current policies have increased CO2 emissions both here and around the world all in the name of going green. It is almost like a large portion of the population is brainwashed and can't see straight. It is almost like "talk" is more important than action or a coherent plan.
Fox News says it daily! we talked about it after dinner... Fox is on the $ yet noone does anything. then the guy who advocated only can change thru a civil war, revolution... got run out of town! maybe worse.

Ok! So after a little research. Apparently the CAT 272D dose have high flow hydo models and it has twice the hp of the BC S175

Sorry guys!
View attachment 1051454
Moat newish skids had an option for hi-flow. Just depended if the dealer/ original owner optioned it or not.
I want to say most have the same lug pattern, but I'm not 100% sure.

I've got an overabundance of scrounged wood, probably more then I can burn in 2 or 3 years, but I still can't pass up a good scrounge. Yesterday, the wife and I were out for a walk and I came across this.. Fresh cut oak. Some of those logs are way too long, no way the city will pick them up, so I'm guessing the tree company will be back for it. Anyway, I couldn't get back to the house quick enough to get my truck.

1674650129240.png
Had to do a little arm twisting to get my daughter to help, but wound up with a decent load. I'll probably head back over today. It's like Thanksgiving dinner, you can always find more room.

1674650338459.png

Neither do I, except it ain't my fault :). And yes, warming and cooling trends have been going on since before I was here, and certainly before the Industrial Age/revolution. I'm pretty sure they could somehow blame the dinosaurs dying out on humans, but then they'd have to admit that humans and Dino's walked the earth at the same time(that parts actually true though ;)).
And I know if it was mans fault, those claiming to have the fixes for it are the ones who are doing the most harm :buttkick:.
Us humans are just a grain of sand, in the earths desert of evolution, old Mother Nature giveth and she will always take it back .

I've got an overabundance of scrounged wood, probably more then I can burn in 2 or 3 years, but I still can't pass up a good scrounge. Yesterday, the wife and I were out for a walk and I came across this.. Fresh cut oak. Some of those logs are way too long, no way the city will pick them up, so I'm guessing the tree company will be back for it. Anyway, I couldn't get back to the house quick enough to get my truck.

View attachment 1051612
Had to do a little arm twisting to get my daughter to help, but wound up with a decent load. I'll probably head back over today. It's like Thanksgiving dinner, you can always find more room.

View attachment 1051613
Guy stopped once when I was getting wood on the side of the road he equated it to finding $5 bills on the side of the road

Latest posts

Back