Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If memory serves, the following threads were stickies:

I have no idea on these. My wild guesses:
Splitting/Chopping Tool Review
With 113 pages of reviews and comments, that's a lot of material dedicated to a sticky.

Scrounging Firewood
I don't recall that this was ever a sticky. Others might know better. This shouldn't need to be a sticky anyway, since you guys are constantly keeping it at the top of the list.

I don't recall that this was ever a sticky. Others might know better.

Lets See Your Woodsplitting/Stacking Area

With all due respect I cannot imagine how it would hurt to have these stickied?

Stickies are generally put up only as an advisory notice to the viewing public. They are most often locked, so that folks are not wasting time making them longer.

What is the chance you only thought they were stickies, since they were always at the top of the list from so many posts?

Leonard Nimoy Reaction GIF

Bad day half crippled.

The post soliciting help should say Hyster M80 forklift. My bad.

Now the electricity just went out twice and I can hear something frying nearby. It's usually a squirrel, a limb or somebody did something stupid. Didn't hear a bang, this time.
Happy Days

hello kid!

think this scoped double barrel Jeffrey .450 would be sufficient!

View attachment 1056212
I'd love to own that rifle, but I really wouldn't want to shoot it. My 250 Savage has turned me into a sissy. But, on the other hand, since there is little recoil, it's easy to shoot stuff in the eye. My idea of a Black bear gun was my 1895 Winchester in 35 Winchester. 250 grain slug at 2300 FPS. It was a thumper.

So I'm about 3 months out from getting my new right knee installed. As of this week, when I walk on level ground an onlooker would not see anything unusual in my gait. However, when I bring my evening wheelbarrow load of wood to the house from the woodshed it's like a test in logistics--small steps on the ice here, avoid the mud there, hold back on the downhill (yeah, but with which leg?).

Very pleased to be upright and breathing. That's my main test.

Have followed along here some. From what I see, if I venture out and might encounter a bear . . . I should leave the .22 at home.
Better a 22 than a tooth pick. You would probably swallow the tooth pick when you gasped and choke to death, then the poor bear would get blamed.

This guy:

https://www.arboristsite.com/members/o8f150.45479/
He hasn't been around since 2018. He had a known penchant for extra large girls, and often posted such pictures in the WTF picture thread. I'm not sure what his other forum activities he might have been involved with, but he was apparently popular, back in the day.

You won't even pick up the moldy trash pine they sell here or the mixed "hardwood" bundle. Stinks to, they wrap them in plastic for extra mold and mildew.
Walking into a local grocery store one time, the stack of plastic wrapped "firewood" bundles outside caught my eye. Because the inside surface of the plastic wrap was covered with beads of condensed moisture. Not only would a potential customer be paying a lord's ransom for a few sticks of pine, but it would barely burn.

With 113 pages of reviews and comments, that's a lot of material dedicated to a sticky.

I don't recall that this was ever a sticky. Others might know better. This shouldn't need to be a sticky anyway, since you guys are constantly keeping it at the top of the list.

Stickies are generally put up only as an advisory notice to the viewing public. They are most often locked, so that folks are not wasting time making them longer.

What is the chance you only thought they were stickies, since they were always at the top of the list from so many posts?

Leonard Nimoy Reaction GIF
They were all stickies. Others can debate if they should be / need to be.

All of those were stickies for a long time.

Back