Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, those are some brutal hours. It's me and 3 other techs. The two young single guys work 7-4 and I and the other fella who have kids work 8-5.

It sucks when companies don't appreciate their employees. The whole stick it out and things will get better doesn't work anymore. There's too many better options for anyone who is willing to work.

Good luck on the interview and tests.
Thanks, ill need it lol.
@sean donato. For the electrical part of your interview just say trust me. :laugh:
View attachment 1073115
Hey now, if it works it works right?

So weird to see your pics with snow/ice. We had no snow this year, first time that's happened that I remember. We usually get at least a day or so with some snow. When does it usually melt in MN? It was lower 80s here yesterday
We’re about 3 weeks behind normal weather right now. It’s crazy because the last ten years have either been very early or very late springs.

Picked up the 610evl this morning I won on municibid for $150.00. Fired right up and sounds good. Came with the original manuals too.
Stopped by my buddies house and grabbed this k700 for $20.00 doesn't run, but it feels like it has good compression. Don't think it will take much to make it run again.
So do I qualify for a you suck?

Attachments

• 20230407_094839.jpg
    20230407_094839.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230407_094813.jpg
    20230407_094813.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230407_094803.jpg
    20230407_094803.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230407_094758.jpg
    20230407_094758.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230407_094748.jpg
    20230407_094748.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
We’re about 3 weeks behind normal weather right now. It’s crazy because the last ten years have either been very early or very late springs.
It seems we’re about to skip spring and go right into summer weather, kind of sucks. I’ll take a bit of cold over hot and humid any day.

Not sure what it is about this site but as soon as I come back to it I find myself shopping for chainsaws. Just placed a bid on a Dolmar/Makita 7900.

It seems we’re about to skip spring and go right into summer weather, kind of sucks. I’ll take a bit of cold over hot and humid any day.

Not sure what it is about this site but as soon as I come back to it I find myself shopping for chainsaws. Just placed a bid on a Dolmar/Makita 7900.
Don't blame us. Nobody here has more saws than they need. :innocent: :omg:

Damn 82 in the Catskill mountains in April, sounds highly unusual lol. They're calling for 89 here on Thursday. I'm really not looking forward to tick season, they're really bad here. I think I'll have to break down and take this 6100 to a small engine repair guy if this carb rebuild doesn't fix the issues. I have to go and cut some stuff before those blood sucking ticks come out.

Damn 82 in the Catskill mountains in April, sounds highly unusual lol. They're calling for 89 here on Thursday. I'm really not looking forward to tick season, they're really bad here. I think I'll have to break down and take this 6100 to a small engine repair guy if this carb rebuild doesn't fix the issues. I have to go and cut some stuff before those blood sucking ticks come out.
Trees don’t even have leaves on
them yet . The maple buds have popped and all the crap is flying around .

PXL_20230407_171740811.jpg
Did my first lot clearing job today. My friend is building a granny flat so to speak. More like a 3 bedroom bungalow in his backyard. Must have cut a hundred trees, most of them smaller than my arm. Couple fairly tall poplars in the 8-12" range. Got to run a couple saws I'd never tried before. A ms362 and a ms170. You can have that 170 but the 362 is a beast with an 18" bar. A little heavy for what I was doing and my poulan pro 5020 got the nod today. Pulled 2 learners with rope and everything else fell as planned. I was the only saw guy and before we left it was all on the burn pile. Nothing worth dragging out for firewood.

Happy Friday! My daughter requested “million dollar spaghetti casserole” for dinner so it’s in the oven as we speak. Then we’re baking a cake for the other daughter (it’s her birthday Sunday but she goes to my exes tomorrow through the weekend).

Had a good day of shopping with the birthday girl (I gave her a “shopping spree” as my gift versus buying stuff she might not like), lunch with all the kids for her birthday meal, picking up supplies for the Lions club Easter party, and trying to sneak Easter bunny gifts into the car when nobody was looking.

Latest posts

Back