Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trees don’t even have leaves on
them yet . The maple buds have popped and all the crap is flying around .
I've been getting Fire Weather Watches from the NY Alert system... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur.

* AFFECTED AREA...Lower Hudson Valley.
* TIMING...Late Friday morning into early Friday evening.
* WINDS...Northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 22 percent.
* TEMPERATURES...In the lower 50s.
* LIGHTNING...None.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.

Happy Friday! My daughter requested “million dollar spaghetti casserole” for dinner so it’s in the oven as we speak. Then we’re baking a cake for the other daughter (it’s her birthday Sunday but she goes to my exes tomorrow through the weekend).

Had a good day of shopping with the birthday girl (I gave her a “shopping spree” as my gift versus buying stuff she might not like), lunch with all the kids for her birthday meal, picking up supplies for the Lions club Easter party, and trying to sneak Easter bunny gifts into the car when nobody was looking.
That’s a good, wholesome Friday right there. Wife, the kids and I had fun going to Tractor Supply then a Mexican restaurant that served a huge 32 oz margarita. Thankfully my wife was driving.

What does this million dollar spaghetti casserole look like?

That’s a good, wholesome Friday right there. Wife, the kids and I had fun going to Tractor Supply then a Mexican restaurant that served a huge 32 oz margarita. Thankfully my wife was driving.

What does this million dollar spaghetti casserole look like?
So it’s spaghetti noodles in a pan, covered with a mixture of cream cheese, sour cream, and cottage cheese. Then covered with more noodles, then covered with meat sauce, then covered with cheese and baked. It was quite good, but I would advise modifying the recipe a little bit and putting some sauce underneath the layer of dairy.

0BC959F3-463E-4B75-BF6F-675BB4C043E5.jpeg

Got the Goldwing out yesterday 2015 40th anniversary model . Original battery and it cranked like new after sitting all winter . No tender on it . My Glide is on its 4th battery and is a 2012 . I have to leave a tender in it all winter or it’ll be stone dead
Brings back memories. :heart: I was wrenching when the first Goldwing came out, I think it was green. Took the demo out for a 2 hour ride on the backroads and recall thinking that I was riding a sewing machine. :laugh: First time on a driveshaft bike and I was doing a bunch of short accelerations just to make the rear end rise up. 😲

Brings back memories. :heart: I was wrenching when the first Goldwing came out, I think it was green. Took the demo out for a 2 hour ride on the backroads and recall thinking that I was riding a sewing machine. :laugh: First time on a driveshaft bike and I was doing a bunch of short accelerations just to make the rear end rise up. 😲
My Z1000 ST, scared the crap out of me the first time it did that coming out of a curve then giving it some throttle.

I had a Red 1975 GL1000 with Vetter Windjammer fairing and bags . Like and ass I sold it in the 90s . Had it stored in my garage and someone saw it and stopped and made an offer and I took it. Looked like this one 9119AC15-12C6-4B3D-A940-FC447E3D87EE.jpeg

I've been getting Fire Weather Watches from the NY Alert system... A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur.

* AFFECTED AREA...Lower Hudson Valley.
* TIMING...Late Friday morning into early Friday evening.
* WINDS...Northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 22 percent.
* TEMPERATURES...In the lower 50s.
* LIGHTNING...None.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
Saw that on accuweather but some citiot will burn brush anyway . Couple of years ago there was a big one near Minnewaska you could see the orange glow from Ellenville started by a weekender . Not sure if the fire ban is in effect yet . I know it ends in May but not sure of the start date

Had enough rain to wash the salt off the roads so kicked 'r to life filled the tank and cruised for a bit.
ride WVM 4-23 (4).JPG
The Iowa farm where I found it.
road trip 001.jpg
That was a true pickers story, guy came out of the house blasting away with a shot gun. When he saw it wasn't going to deter me, we got along just fine!
Just missed grabbing another. it had been posted an hour earlier, I was too late.
1.jpg

Trees don’t even have leaves on
them yet . The maple buds have popped and all the crap is flying around .
Next week looks to be in the 60s. Could be bad for my fruit trees. They'll push flower buds and then it'll freeze the first week of May. Hope it doesn't.

Next week looks to be in the 60s. Could be bad for my fruit trees. They'll push flower buds and then it'll freeze the first week of May. Hope it doesn't.
My apple trees flower in May . I’ve gone out at 5 am to spray down the trees with a garden hose because of late frosts in years passed

@SS396driver I have peach and cherry trees that flower the first week of May. I like the idea of spraying water on them. Never heard of that.
Frost kills by magnifying the sun burning the flower . Learned the spraying trick from a local orchard farm owner he sets up sprinklers early spring for just this . They also do it down south with orange trees .

Frost kills by magnifying the sun burning the flower . Learned the spraying trick from a local orchard farm owner he sets up sprinklers early spring for just this . They also do it down south with orange trees .
I see. Will it help with hard freezes? Three years ago we had 26° one night in the first week of May. Decimated everything but my Gala which blooms late May.

When the first Goldwings came out (1975) I not only took one for a ride, I bought it and I still have it.

SR

Latest posts

Back