Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EXACTLY, and that is what I was pointing out, even the smaller "farm tractors" don't need any ballast for utility loader work.

Farm tractors are a lot heavier to start out with over the wanna be farm tractors, called compacts.

SR
I agree, the compact is just a small utility tractor and no comparison to the bigger machines. Even the NX6010 is basically the same as mine with 15HP more.

That was after the other upgrades they did to it in 2015/16 or so such as the flippy caps and vented top covers. They also got a beefier case, which unfortunately brings them right to the point of where the ms400 is to the 462/500i, except with the 372oe.
Here's my ported 562.

And the ported 365(not special, but special, right Steve lol), same bar/chain as the 562 and I ran the 562 first to give it the advantage for this exact comparison. Look up the weights, you may be surprised, and the 562 got fatter when they did the upgrades :(. That's also why I like the late model 550mk1 over the 550mk2. Which was a stupid move in my opinion as I don't think it got them any more market share, and they had already worked the issues out, Now it's just a fat 50cc saw with the same basic power as a late model 261. What's even worse in my mind is that the dolmar 5105 has been out forever and it's the same specks as a 550mk2 :laughing:, idiots :dumb:.
The 372oe in slightly modded form, muffler mod and base gasket delete keeps up no problem as it has a bit more grunt.

Very nice running saws. I have a 372OE. I should do a muffler mod and base gasket delete to it.

Very nice running saws. I have a 372OE. I should do a muffler mod and base gasket delete to it.
Thanks. I still have both of those, and a couple other 372oe's.
The quickest way to make power with the 50mm 372 is to have a 268 piston cut with a popup, very east to start and they have way more torque than a standard piston. The meteor 268 piston after cut is substantially lighter that the stock one, so they spin up quickly too. No need to delete the base gasket on this build either, but a muffler mod and a timing advance helps.

Yea 576 is one of the smoothest saws , handed it genes down to the 572 ,
I remember running one in a piece of red pine with a 20" bar, nearly fell thru the bottom of the cut, didn't feel like it was doing anything lol. They also don't seem very loud for a big 70.

First I would need a new computer. This one got so messed up by a kid....

Yesterday I went through my entire picture file looking for pics I know I downloaded. Not to be. I know how to psost pics, used to post bunches. But that was back on computers that downloaded the pics to the home screen where you could do something with them.

I recognise all computers are different etc. I plug my phone into my puter by USB, open up phone in computer window (making sure phone is unlocked), open DCIM folder then copy photos into a folder on the puter.

I recognise all computers are different etc. I plug my phone into my puter by USB, open up phone in computer window (making sure phone is unlocked), open DCIM folder then copy photos into a folder on the puter.
I have no idea where or how to access any pics on my computer other than on the desktop, and those are all screenshots of my pics on the cloud. I just keep them organized and toss out what I don't need when it takes to long to scroll down to the most recent ones. That time is getting close ;).
Just saw this, screenshot lol.
Highly valuable Back Walnut!

https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/mat/d/ada-walnut-logs/7686638802.html
Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 9.15.36 PM.png

Took this the other day, highly valuable catalpa :laughing: .
I should stop by and ask if they want to sell it :innocent:.

Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 9.27.53 PM.png

Took this the other day, highly valuable catalpa :laughing: .
I should stop by and ask if they want to sell it :innocent:.

View attachment 1127011
Those are weeds in my neighborhood... the mother tree is across the street from me and volunteers show up all around the neighborhood... including in my privet. They are almost as bad as the volunteer chestnuts that sprout from my trees' nut crop. 🙄

Well you can slow the contracture up a bit by stretching it fairly aggressively - 3 or 4 x 20secs a few times per day but you won't win. In the end you'll need to get them stripped surgically and the time to do that is when you start losing range of movement in your finger joints. I can remember Cowdad stretching his on the steering wheel when he was driving when I was a little tacker so his would have started when he was in his early 40s. I'm now 48 and nothing so far - fingers crossed.
Im going to start streching my hand on the steering wheel too. Funny thing when I visted my doctor and asked him if i had sething sinister like cancer in my hand, he had a smirk on his face a said i had Duptuytren's Contracture. I asked him how do you doctors remember all these names and terms. He told me its all about repetition, reckons he gets about six peolple a year coming in asking what it is.

End of the day yesterday just started splitting my last load of wood and ran out of gas. I filled up the tank and yanked on the rope to start the motor. The pull start rope broke. I had to dump the load of wood because it was way too tall to drive home to get tools without falling over. There was enough rope left to put the handle back on to finish splitting before dark. I was waiting for a 3rd thing to happen but it never came thankfully. The pile is shrinking little by little. The backend of the unsplit pile is the 2nd photo. I'll be dealing with more of that again today.

Attachments

• 20231110_152248.jpg
    20231110_152248.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231111_152202.jpg
    20231111_152202.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
What brand is it?
That's what I was hoping someone might know, and or any other thoughts on it. I can't recall seeing that logo on one before.
End of the day yesterday just started splitting my last load of wood and ran out of gas. I filled up the tank and yanked on the rope to start the motor. The pull start rope broke. I had to dump the load of wood because it was way too tall to drive home to get tools without falling over. There was enough rope left to put the handle back on to finish splitting before dark. I was waiting for a 3rd thing to happen but it never came thankfully. The pile is shrinking little by little. The backend of the unsplit pile is the 2nd photo. I'll be dealing with more of that again today.
I had some issues with my mower yesterday, it's still sitting outside. It died on me after I had finished blowing all the leaves to where I could get them with the mower, so I finished with the backpack blower, 2hrs later :rare2: .
The mower is burning oil and it finally fouled the plug. Hope to fix it this winter when I have lots of extra time lol.

That's what I was hoping someone might know, and or any other thoughts on it. I can't recall seeing that logo on one before.

I had some issues with my mower yesterday, it's still sitting outside. It died on me after I had finished blowing all the leaves to where I could get them with the mower, so I finished with the backpack blower, 2hrs later :rare2: .
The mower is burning oil and it finally fouled the plug. Hope to fix it this winter when I have lots of extra time lol.
What HP and what can you do to fix the problem. Mine leaks oil through the mufflers and smokes. Guess it need new rings but a used engine would be cheaper?

Latest posts

Back