Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have not previously seen this little guy. A couple of does also showed up last night.

Although he is not a shooter, and MZ season is still open, it is good to see something that should be good for next year.

Don't know what happened to many of the large bucks we saw in September, but we have only seen a few of them since then.

Attachments

• BuckSmall12-13-2023.jpg
    BuckSmall12-13-2023.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 0
Saw wars - 60cc!

The original 362 was a crappy saw. Then Stihl came out with the M-Tronic version, and it ran much better and had clean air filter technology. However, the Husky 562 was lighter and ran stronger (and it had a few more ccs).

So, Stihl re-designed the 362 and to make it lighter than the 562. The early 562s had a 5-bolt case, which started developing leaks. So, Husky came out with a 6-bolt case which weighted a little more. Now the Stihl was a little lighter, but the Husky a little stronger. Then Stihl came out with the 400 (with more ccs and better transfers) and Stihl had the lighter and stronger saw ... the only downside being the cost.

And there you have it!
Exactly my take too. My 562 was a few ounces lighter then the 400. I still had a 5 bolt case though.

We have not previously seen this little guy. A couple of does also showed up last night.

Although he is not a shooter, and MZ season is still open, it is good to see something that should be good for next year.
Is he not a shooter to you personally or because of antler restrictions? I probably missed that in previous posts
Don't know what happened to many of the large bucks we saw in September, but we have only seen a few of them since then.
Noctournal, holed up due to hunter pressure, and/or found a girlfriend somewhere else.

Saw wars - 60cc!

The original 362 was a crappy saw. Then Stihl came out with the M-Tronic version, and it ran much better and had clean air filter technology. However, the Husky 562 was lighter and ran stronger (and it had a few more ccs).

So, Stihl re-designed the 362 and to make it lighter than the 562. The early 562s had a 5-bolt case, which started developing leaks. So, Husky came out with a 6-bolt case which weighted a little more. Now the Stihl was a little lighter, but the Husky a little stronger. Then Stihl came out with the 400 (with more ccs and better transfers) and Stihl had the lighter and stronger saw ... the only downside being the cost.

And there you have it!
Truth...

I really like my 400, but the 562 has nicer handling, imo.

Saw wars - 60cc!

And there you have it!
Wish I had a good Husky dealer near me. There's only TSC and Lowes around where I live. Never even seen a 562 in person, much less handled or cut with onw

Saw wars - 60cc!

And there you have it!
Oh yea ,👍IMG_2158.jpeg

Kevin builds some nice saws ... of both flavors! Don't personally own any but have run them at GTGs and if I needed another saw would not hesitate to get one from him.
He does.
I have a 365 (non special for those wondering lol), it will outrun all my other "60" cc saws, it's a bit heavier though, so I can't fill it up all the way lol.
I've also owned/ ran others he's built that were very strong. The last one I ran was Dall's 500i with a 20" square ground chain, wasn't really fair to the wood :chainsaw:.

Nice summarization of the 60s last page. Now husky has a new 562mk2, it's a bit lighter, but I don't know the specs, sounds like a nice saw though. I may need to sell my late product mmws562 and check it out, but probably not, heck I still haven't ran a 400 yet.

Just got a concerning call from my daughter's principal. Guess she got into a tufft with another kid at recess. Ended in her kicking the kid in the balls. (Which doesn't surprise me at all.) Two other students accused her of grabbing in inappropriate places and saying some things that basically made me speechless. A fouth student, said my daughter didn't say or do anything other then kicking the first kid. I've been a bit afraid of something like this happening, some of the stories she's told us after school, and more then a few times she's come home in tears from stuff other kids have done and said to her. The school doesn't seem to care, I've spoken with several different people and it's always, "well we haven't heard or seen any of these things happen." Bs. I know how my daughter is, I know what she will and won't do, and for her to hit another kid she had to be pushed pretty far. I spoke with my wife a bit about it on my way how from work, and she's pretty angry about the situation. Guess she's going to call the school tomorrow after we talk with my daughter. I'm all for kids getting in trouble if they did something wrong, and facing the consequences of their actions, but something more then the normal stuff is up.

Back