Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
right! never seems to end. how about them speeding by rice rocket pilots?? one got his just other day up near ranch. innocents farmer pickup turning off the FM onto main road/freeway... and a rice rocket pilot running just about WOT! comes flying over the berm.... and WHAM! hits the pickup. ka... rash! ripped front of truck all up. bike looked like front end of black car. then we noticed, omg, it's a bike! life flited the rider out!... don't know how it was not a DOA at scene. the traffic jam both sides was brutal!
There will always be those invincible folks... Back in the mid-70s there was a kid on campus who worked at the Honda motorcycle shop. Every time I saw him he was riding wheelies and/or riding at high rates of speed and/or passing other vehicles. One evening he was on Rte 209 between Stone Ridge and Accord, NY. He pulled out to pass someone at a high rate of speed and ran right into the front of a dump truck... it wasn't quite dark out yet and the dump truck didn't have it's lights on. Needless to say I never saw him again...

Must be nice, everything is pretty much dead here
Not much left here Sean. Picked some Romanesco and took it to produce auction yesterday. Left a couple of heads for us to eat but might need to pick them before the weekend snow. A few brussel sprouts and turnips and that's it.

A guy I used to work with gave me the go ahead to take as much as I wanted from some trees they had taken down. Some really big stuff that I don’t have enough bar for, or the muscle to split by hand, so doing what I can over the next few days after work. Hoping to pull at least 2 more trailer loads of easy wood out then have the hard stuff left if need be

Attachments

• IMG_8782.jpeg
    IMG_8782.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8783.jpeg
    IMG_8783.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8781.jpeg
    IMG_8781.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
A guy I used to work with gave me the go ahead to take as much as I wanted from some trees they had taken down. Some really big stuff that I don’t have enough bar for, or the muscle to split by hand, so doing what I can over the next few days after work. Hoping to pull at least 2 more trailer loads of easy wood out then have the hard stuff left if need be
Get the gravy then noodle the big stuff. Looks like red oak so should split with the fiskars pretty easy.

Back