Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice Smitty sled! Here's mine (sled pic from last year). We got out yesterday for the opener, only 2-4" of ice and less at the shore.... A couple from our group got their feet wet hopping on lol. Brought one home for the fry pan.
View attachment 1140895
View attachment 1140896
hi - i like ur sled! DIY and on ski's!! :) fish sorta looks like a PNW silver. what type is it? u pan fry it?... icey cold pix, sure does have an 'outdoors!' wintery attitude!

:drinkingcoffee:

Great-Hike.png
:omg:

Preheating all the way through is definitely good! An old rule of thumb I’ve heard is a skillet is preheated properly when the base of the handle is too hot to touch.

Enjoy the iron and let me know if you need anything else.
Two questions. 1) Are you having a January cast iron clearance sale? 2) If so do they ship filled with any of your cooking?

Best I could do today was 3 Hexa chains for $85. Retail is $43 a piece. My guy showed me a 026 they had traded but I stood my ground. :cool:
Just curious, if the extra cost over RS chain worth it , seems like it’s 10 percent faster on some videos I’ve watched,

You like the hexa , ? What size you running.
Most of my cutting only requires 20" so that's it. Mostly run RM chain since a lot of my wood is dirty. The Hexa seems to hold up. Stihl getting the hang of using the Hexa file. Price is a bit higher than what I'd like but what isn't nowadays? 3 for the price of 2 at my dealer helps.

poor Al! he din't make it into the new year, neither! seems he had bad NYE traffic to contend with...
View attachment 1140898
Sadly this stuff happens. In my area we just had an 80 year old woman collide with, as I understand it, guide rails on a 4 lane divided highway. She continued driving with at least some of her air bags deployed. She then drove across the median and continued onto the other side of the highway. Once there she kept driving and ultimately had a head on collision. She was killed while also injuring the other motorist... The other motorist was airlifted.

On that note, while having dinner with a physician friend of mine (she also has a law degree, both from Yale) I mentioned that my father still has his Harley and Corvette... He hasn't used either one it quite some time as he is 89 years old now. The Harley was easy to understand... I elaborated on the Corvette by explaining that he couldn't get in and out of it any more. Her response to that was "There should be a law that the elderly MUST own Corvettes." Her reasoning was that it would avoid the loosing argument about the elderly not having a license while effectively taking them off the road because they cannot get in and out of them. I understand that argument with the elderly thing... Case in point, a friend's mother, whom I'll call Delores, was in her mid-80s and definitely shouldn't have been driving. Her primary care physician had DMV revoke her license. However, Delores still had the physical license so as far as she was concerned she had a license. Her daughter discussed the situation with the local PD and they agreed to come confiscate the physical license. Delores was pissed... the first thing she did after the cops left was get in the car and drive around town for hours! The next step for the daughter was to take Delores's car in for service... part of the service was to have the ignition rekeyed/replaced. When she brought the car back to her mother she gave her mother the original keys... Giving up that freedom is very difficult... I get that.

Just so saddened for the loss of eyesight, that used to be a big fear of mine when working in the shop. One time when my oldest daughter was a baby I got some pretty bad chemicals in my eyes. I was crying the whole way to the ER thinking I wasn’t going to see her grow up

Luckily they flushed them out pretty good. My eyelashes and eyebrows were gone, looked like a raccoon for a few weeks, but by Gods grace, I kept my vision

Poor guy….

Soooo heartbreaking

Kinda ruined my mood for posting other stuff

Say a prayer for him tonight fellas, they really work. They do!

Back