Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That cause you gotta use the right pedal to merge, not the left.
Just watched a woman in Toledo slam the brakes on and come to a complete stop at the bottom of a ramp where the dotted lines started, she had another 1/4 mile of lane to use to merge :dumb: . I get told I'm number one for not moving over for people merging all the time, my favorite is when theres a weave lane all the way to the next exit a mile away :nofunny:.
If I can get a semi up to speed but the end of the ramp/weave lane, I sure as heck ain't moving over for a car!
I like the ones that are well behind you and could merge, but floor board it and get right next to you, and start shaking their fist at you for not slowing down.

I like the ones that are well behind you and could merge, but floor board it and get right next to you, and start shaking their fist at you for not slowing down.
Yeah, speed up and go ahead of me or slow down and follow, I don't care. If it was safe for me to move over I would have done it when I saw you approaching on the ramp.

One of the guys at work needs a little saw. Dug out the gz4000/ryobi 10532 parts boxes and managed to find enough parts to put one together. If I had good top ends I could put another 2 or 3 together dressed up as the ryobi version. Ended up using a zama carb off one of the ryobi saws, uses that stupid double D for the jets. Took the Dremel to them and gave them a slot. Factory outlet you can't even get a 5/16" bit into. They really wake up after a muff mod and timing advance, but seeing as it's not staying with me I skipped the timing advance. Had a 14" trilink bar in the bottom of one box. Found an old Windsor chain. Tossed them on, went out to cut/tune it. I was kinda surprised, it farted on the second pull and fired on the third. Ran pretty well. Cut with it some more tomorrow and see how it does before I hand it off.

Attachments

• 20240120_154413.jpg
    20240120_154413.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240120_180702.jpg
    20240120_180702.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Only syrup on scrapple Ryan. Just sayin. :laugh: Was thinking we hadn't seen you in a while the other day when i was cutting down in the woods.
I lurk more than I post. If I can contribute to the thread, I will.

I’m heavy more on the second half of the school year with IEP’s and other school paperwork that I have to complete outside of the work day. Basketball season,GS cookie season, and drama productions for both kids is in full swing over here. We’re in the thick of things with my girls extra curricular activities and loving every second of It. They are only this age once and it’s going super fast.

I did get permission to cut on 37 acres of private over here. Land owner has beech and poplar down he wants cleared, not my favorite for firewood but happy to help and maybe get access to set a few canine sets or deer stands in the fall?

Attached are a few pics. We are cookie parents, do all the logistics for GS pick ups and troop pick ups. My youngest sold 50+ boxes in the snow storm on our three block radius here. Hard worker! Last pic is the three of us before sledding. IMG_1686.pngIMG_1703.jpegIMG_1771.jpeg

I lurk more than I post. If I can contribute to the thread, I will.

I’m heavy more on the second half of the school year with IEP’s and other school paperwork that I have to complete outside of the work day. Basketball season and GS cookie season is in full swing over here. We’re in the thick of things with my girls extra curricular activities and loving every second of It. They are only this age once and it’s going super fast.

I did get permission to cut on 37 acres of private over here. Land owner has beech and poplar down he wants cleared, not my favorite for firewood but happy to help and maybe get access to set a few canine sets or deer stands in the fall?

Attached are a few pics. We are cookie parents, do all the logistics for GS pick ups and troop pick ups. My youngest sold 50+ boxes in the snow storm on our three block radius here. Hard worker! Last pic is the three of us before sledding. View attachment 1146244View attachment 1146245View attachment 1146246
Now, if those were boxes of NIB saws you’d really have some braggin rights 🤣

I mean, at first glance…right size and shaped boxes, some orange, some green, some red… I thought, here’s a stateside Robin Wood, lol

Now, if those were boxes of NIB saws you’d really have some braggin rights 🤣
Ha! That would be nice, right!?!?!?

GS is a cool organization. Sets the entrepreneurial/business mindset in the kids. Nothing but big smiles over here from this proud Dad.

Latest posts

Back