Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've mentioned this before on my chainsaw thread. Can anyone give me a ball park figure on a Meteor piston/rings for an Stihl 038 AV? While I'm trying to resurrect my current 038, I'm considering buy a used one ($325) from a local guy who deals in buying/selling saws. I'm assuming there has to be scoring because o the low? price and the cylinder can be salvaged. Ad says the saw runs well.

P.S. Where would I buy a Meteor piston? I normally get parts from ebay/Amazon.

I've mentioned this before on my chainsaw thread. Can anyone give me a ball park figure on a Meteor piston/rings for an Stihl 038 AV? While I'm trying to resurrect my current 038, I'm considering buy a used one ($325) from a local guy who deals in buying/selling saws. I'm assuming there has to be scoring because o the low? price and the cylinder can be salvaged. Ad says the saw runs well.

P.S. Where would I buy a Meteor piston? I normally get parts from ebay/Amazon.
Hyway p/c is like $80.00 for the cheap one, couldn't find a meteor kit. Few stihl nos kits on ebay all $100.00 +.

Well it was 13 degrees out yesterday and today. Both days I fired up my Kioti to bring in some rounds and 4 logs. The worst part is that the ground is still not frozen due to snow cover and way too much surface water from recent rain storms. Yesterday we got another inch of snow.
This afternoon I went over and cut up the (4 )13 foot frozen Ash logs. What a pisser that was. I got 40 rounds out of them and it took 1.5 tanks of gas to do it. My chain "was" sharp.

Attachments

• 20240121_152420.jpg
    20240121_152420.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Correction. Mine is only 1 HP. Not tat it matters. Still enough power to spin small bits.
Think the only difference is the .25 HP and the bigger one has led light in the cut . Not really needed you shouldn’t be working with things spinning 30k rpm’s in the dark But that .25 is 25% more not sure if it’s needed or not . But it handled this cut with ease. IMG_7675.jpeg

Think the only difference is the .25 HP and the bigger one has led light in the cut . Not really needed you shouldn’t be working with things spinning 30k rpm’s in the dark But that .25 is 25% more not sure if it’s needed or not . But it handled this cut with ease. View attachment 1146515
Your right. But the price! Unbelievable! You want to sell one for $40 :laugh: ?

I have the small Bosch router kit, it has all the different bases.

It's been a pretty good router, but it hasn't been abused either, as I have so many routers I can dedicate them for certain jobs.

SR
Yes, I'll use mine just for edge treatment. Leave the dados, rabbets etc for my other routers.

@MachanicMatt I looked at this truck yesterday just up the road from you . Was dropping some things off at my sisters View attachment 1146432
What’s is he asking? 3/4 ton 2wd. Miles?

I know used vehicles are going down slowly and market values are regional.

86 f250, rebuilt 351W, 2WD, 30k on the rebuilt motor, 4 speed,all 4 tires good tread but I’d replace due to age. EZ dump in bed. Bondo around the wheels. Frame has surface rust.

More of a GM guy but could use as a work truck. Seller is asking $4k. I’d never pay that. Think $1k cash is insulting? Been sitting a while.
IMG_1779.pngIMG_1780.pngIMG_1781.png

86 f250, rebuilt 351W, 2WD, 30k on the rebuilt motor, 4 speed,all 4 tires good tread but I’d replace due to age. EZ dump in bed. Bondo around the wheels. Frame has surface rust.

More of a GM guy but could use as a work truck. Seller is asking $4k. I’d never pay that. Think $1k cash is insulting? Been sitting a while.
View attachment 1146526View attachment 1146527View attachment 1146528
Looks great compared to much of what I see up for sale.
Saw this one today, all that came to mind is, "on a quiet night..." lol.
20240121_155220.jpg
This one just made me :sweet:.
20240118_154714.jpg

Latest posts

Back