Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Initially, it started and ran fine. Idled fine. Then when I put it to wood and start the cut, it would stall and start to die after a couple of seconds.

To recap what I've done:
I replaced the fuel filter, but not the line. Ordering one now. I've replaced the gas tank vent and the spark plug (needed a new one). I've kind of inspected the impulse line and it looks OK. I'm going to completely remove it and inspect it.
Thought I'd check the easy stuff before tearing into the carb.
Similar symptoms with one of my saws recently. It would starve from fuel periodically and it was a bastard to get started again. Turned out there was some slimy stuff of unknown makeup on the pump diaphragm keeping the little flappers from doing there thing.

Just for the record. I can neither confirm nor deny that while shopping at DG today a Lodge 9" cast iron pan leapt from a display into my cart when my back was turned looking for corn meal.
You gotta watch where you're going a bit better :dumb: just imagine the hammer being a pan, you're gonna get hurt man 😆.

The wife and I went into the city today. On both trips I was zigzagging all over the road to miss the great Massachusetts potholes.
Ours are bad here too, my parent is a dirt rd.
Our governors like to run on the fact that they will fix the rds, well, their just politicians so...
Just waiting to get pulled over for not staying in my lane.

I don't know. I'll check the IPL and then the saw. Thanks.
I asked my son to check the parts lists to see if any had screens. He said there were multiple mufflers used on those saws and at least one had a screen... Once he saw that he stopped looking.

I asked my son to check the parts lists to see if any had screens. He said there were multiple mufflers used on those saws and at least one had a screen... Once he saw that he stopped looking.
I just got done doing that too. I have an aftermarket muffler on it so I'll take a look. Tomorrow is suppose to be warmer. I plan on checking everything out tomorrow.

Was your great great grandfather part bear?:laugh:
I have no idea. I never met them. My grandfather on my mother's side was a milkman who had 16 kids. My other grandfather left his bootlegging wannabe high society wife and fled back to Canada to start a new family.

Found the one on the right back on the 21st, the one on the left today. Same 10acre field, opposite sides. What’s the odds it’s the same buck?

I don’t think it is as I had 6 bucks, 4 decent ones before the season started back there. I didn’t get any, so I’m sure there are still a few alive. Plus they look to different to me. What do you guys think? Two different deer, or the same guy?IMG_5776.jpeg

The way I heard it told was that ALL milkmen had at least 16 kids. Why I personally knew at least a few guys we referred to as "son of milkman". :innocent:
That was a war time thing... a shortage of men and home milk delivery presented opportunities. 😉

Back