Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update... Dang it not overloaded nothing fell off 😕 maybe the third time is the charm. The saga continues next week when it's time to bring a half face up to the wood box View attachment 1150907View attachment 1150908View attachment 1150909View attachment 1150910
You originally from somewhere in southwest asia?
Gotta get a few tanks thru the 261 soo found this across a neighbors "woods path".
KIMG5783.JPG
KIMG5784.JPG

Not sure what it is but working down from the top it's all good wood so far.
KIMG5785.JPG
Ran through one tank, maybe burn another tomorrow and see if the lower trunk is any good
KIMG5786.JPG
I'm thinking I'm gonna be real happy with the 261C
KIMG5787.JPG KIMG5788.JPG
About "Oak weight" split easy.
Not far up to my pasture fence, might be able to get it all out when the snow is gone and there's some morning frost in the ground.
Did get a little riding in last week maybe again tomorrow.
Uly.jpg

You originally from somewhere in southwest asia?
Gotta get a few tanks thru the 261 soo found this across a neighbors "woods path".
View attachment 1150992
View attachment 1150993

Not sure what it is but working down from the top it's all good wood so far.
View attachment 1150994
Ran through one tank, maybe burn another tomorrow and see if the lower trunk is any good
View attachment 1150995
I'm thinking I'm gonna be real happy with the 261C
View attachment 1150996 View attachment 1150997
About "Oak weight" split easy.
Not far up to my pasture fence, might be able to get it all out when the snow is gone and there's some morning frost in the ground.
Did get a little riding in last week maybe again tomorrow.
View attachment 1150998
No I'm of Italian decent 😉, looked like you had a awesome day.

My Anna gave a boy from church a huge piece of humble pie shooting 22's. He chuckled when she walked up and said she wanted to shoot too. Big mistake! I won't contest with her!!
My little one is quite the physical gal

She was bragging one Sunday how she beat all the boys in a chin up competition

Years of her helping do firewood….

She is quite the fit girl

Ya know, this hits home a little bit

My dad and Uncle are both Stihl guys through and through. Me I have had them but have all Orange saws in my shed. (Honestly I loved my 026 and their saws). I often joked that I must be the mailman’s kid as ALL the guys with my last name are over 6ft and here I am stuck at 5’10”….. oh and I’m also handsome as all heck and the rest of them…… well…

🤣🤣🤣

I am really liking the looks of this. I am tempted to enclose part of my pole barn as a shop...my current shop is an old dirt floor one stall garage....not feasible for heating all winter.
Do it man.
I'm getting close to sealing ot all in, sure will be nice to have a place to finally set up shop with heat. Then it will be time to haul everything up from the basement and out to the shop.
I partitioned off rooms in our garage and barn. We keep all of our canned goods, garden staples (Taters, onions, etc.), an upright freezer and spare refrigerator in the garage and the one in my barn has been my heated work space for whatever hobby I was into over the last 10 years.
It has been worth every penny we invested.
The maid's on vacation, so don't mind the mess.

View attachment 1150465View attachment 1150466
Nice.
Do you have any heat in the food storage area?
That's hilarious, especially since I am adopted 🤣.

Ya know, this hits home a little bit

My dad and Uncle are both Stihl guys through and through. Me I have had them but have all Orange saws in my shed. (Honestly I loved my 026 and their saws). I often joked that I must be the mailman’s kid as ALL the guys with my last name are over 6ft and here I am stuck at 5’10”….. oh and I’m also handsome as all heck and the rest of them…… well…

🤣🤣🤣
My neighbor has an 026. Great little saw she needs some love. The top cover and air filter alignment show tell tale signs of a mounts being shot. Had an 028 with the same thing. She looked right and proper and new mounts were installed. That one will be jelly rolls some day if we ever meet up!
Where is that rascal anyways??? Lol

Do it man.
I'm getting close to sealing ot all in, sure will be nice to have a place to finally set up shop with heat. Then it will be time to haul everything up from the basement and out to the shop.

Nice.
Do you have any heat in the food storage area?

That's hilarious, especially since I am adopted 🤣.
No heat source. When it drops down below freezing we leave the lights on. I have used a small electric heater when the temps dropped below zero, but how often does that happen anymore?

No heat source. When it drops down below freezing we leave the lights on. I have used a small electric heater when the temps dropped below zero, but how often does that happen anymore?
Does it stay above freezing because it's attached to the house.
My buddy stopped by last night and ran some of the electric for me, he was telling me that at one of the houses they were building for the devos's(owners of amway) that they had 1 light in each room and it all you needed was a hoodie in the middle of winter. That being said it had 6" walls that were sprayed solid with foam :havingarest:.
I'm on track for having the lid in mine this weekend and all the electric done, and most likely 100% of the wall insulation too.
On the run where my electric panel is I'll put 3.5" of polyiso on top of the drywall and then a 2x10 for a tray/place to run and staple all the wires. I should have it all finished just in time for spring 😆.

Back