Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is so true. A coworker I had back in 2003 went on a week long hunting trip up to Labrador with 5 other guys. One of them had a DWI. Imagine getting up to the N.B. border and being told your hunting buddy is not allowed in Canada. They had to drive back to Mass. to drop him off and headed back up there. Really WTF.
Me and a buddy were heading in thru the UP of MI to go skiing. We got to the boarder on the Canadian side and we're talking to this really cute chic, my buddy was all googly eyed. I said don't you think something was a bit funny about her flirting with us, not at all he said. Get to searchmont about an hr into Canada and it's closed :nofunny:, I'm sure she knew!

Me and a buddy were heading in thru the UP of MI to go skiing. We got to the boarder on the Canadian side and we're talking to this really cute chic, my buddy was all googly eyed. I said don't you think something was a bit funny about her flirting with us, not at all he said. Get to searchmont about an hr into Canada and it's closed :nofunny:, I'm sure she knew!
Prolly saved you from breaking ur leg.:innocent:

I bet I've crossed the Canada border a couple hundred times, with a car, with a pu,. and with a pu pulling a loaded trailer. I've pulled all kinds of loads of tractors and other junk, even a huge load of 5/4 cherry, pulling that load all the way to Alaska.

Over those crossings, I've been checked, even searched, but mostly just been asked a few questions and waved on through. Those that have problems are either guilty, look like a bunch of hippy dopers, or cop an attitude right off. lol (I'm betting the attitude problem is the biggest problem)

They have a job to do, I try to make it easy on both of us, and mostly they wav me on through.

SR
Maybe the horror stories I hear are over exaggerated. I'm a bit testy anymore after a bad traffic stop. It wasn't just me as evidenced by the court room full of people that came the same night I did to report an out of control freak with a God complex. He was fired shortly there after. It made me realize just how easily they can lie and make your life miserable. Granted most are awesome people and I am friends with many officers. Good friends. I have zero tolerance for the ones that abuse their authority. Makes a good case for video I guess but then the crooked ones always take it away before they do their dirty deeds.

Prolly saved you from breaking ur leg.:innocent:
Maybe. We drove back into the UP and all the way across in the rain to the WI line and went to Ski Brule(smaller hill unfortunately). Stayed at my buddies dads about half way across(which we were going to do on the back), had a nice time, glad we didn't have reservations at the lodge in Canada as it was a last minute weekend trip.

No wood but I got my wheel in paint still debating an wether to two tone it or just leave it View attachment 1153136View attachment 1153137View attachment 1153138View attachment 1153139View attachment 1153140
Very nicely done!
Only had the misfortune of going to Canada once, got inspected both ways. Had my service truck and was going to update ecu(s) and change emission stickers on a bunch of terex/powerscreen crushers that got purchased by Emerald Equipment in New York, with the intent of bringing them down from up north for sales in the states. What a hassle. Never again. The sad part is the state side guys were downright rude a-holes. At least the Canadian guys didn't trash my truck, and were amicable to deal with.
I have only had problems with coming back across into the US. Seems that the MN-Ontario border is a place that the feds like to send the cocky young bucks to cut their teeth so it is often some young dude from out of town with a chip on his shoulder.

My friend had issues going into Canada because he had potatoes and dry dog food. He said ok next time I'll leave the food at home and bring my gun.....the guard asked him why and he said "so I can shoot some canadian horses to feed my dogs". They let him proceed LOLOLOL.
Keeps the dust at bay as well.
That it does. My old neighbor was a crusty old guy..... all drain oil from his vehicles went out on the driveway...he obviously did not read up on the potential hazards of dumping drain oil.

Maybe the horror stories I hear are over exaggerated. I'm a bit testy anymore after a bad traffic stop. It wasn't just me as evidenced by the court room full of people that came the same night I did to report an out of control freak with a God complex. He was fired shortly there after. It made me realize just how easily they can lie and make your life miserable. Granted most are awesome people and I am friends with many officers. Good friends. I have zero tolerance for the ones that abuse their authority. Makes a good case for video I guess but then the crooked ones always take it away before they do their dirty deeds.
Narcissist are like that.

I had another load of crushed 3/4" stone delivered today. 21 tons at $545.85 a load. Normally you can't buy this at this time of year because the washer is closed down. With the warmer weather they have been making stone when they can.I did stiffen up part of another access road right after it arrived. The rest will be used as needed.

Attachments

• 20240212_103850.jpg
    20240212_103850.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 0
Only had the misfortune of going to Canada once, got inspected both ways. Had my service truck and was going to update ecu(s) and change emission stickers on a bunch of terex/powerscreen crushers that got purchased by Emerald Equipment in New York, with the intent of bringing them down from up north for sales in the states. What a hassle. Never again. The sad part is the state side guys were downright rude a-holes. At least the Canadian guys didn't trash my truck, and were amicable to deal with.
Small world.....work at a Powerscreen dealer myself.

Very nicely done!

I have only had problems with coming back across into the US. Seems that the MN-Ontario border is a place that the feds like to send the cocky young bucks to cut their teeth so it is often some young dude from out of town with a chip on his shoulder.

My friend had issues going into Canada because he had potatoes and dry dog food. He said ok next time I'll leave the food at home and bring my gun.....the guard asked him why and he said "so I can shoot some canadian horses to feed my dogs". They let him proceed LOLOLOL.

That it does. My old neighbor was a crusty old guy..... all drain oil from his vehicles went out on the driveway...he obviously did not read up on the potential hazards of dumping drain oil.
Noah the farmer, who lived on the dirt road below us had a home made sprayer that he used to spray used oil on the road to keep the dust down. There was so much on the road it was almost like black top.

Noah the farmer, who lived on the dirt road below us had a home made sprayer that he used to spray used oil on the road to keep the dust down. There was so much on the road it was almost like black top.
In one of the coal mines up around sumerset they used to apply oil to their haul roads, but just near the shop and office building. Worked really well, and I would have argued it was black top of I didn't know better.

That is so true. A coworker I had back in 2003 went on a week long hunting trip up to Labrador with 5 other guys. One of them had a DWI. Imagine getting up to the N.B. border and being told your hunting buddy is not allowed in Canada. They had to drive back to Mass. to drop him off and headed back up there. Really WTF.
Johnny Cash came over to hunt moose in Newfoundland-Labrador in the 60's. I wonder if they gave him any trouble at the border?E5S62EOQHCU.jpg1707830041574.png

Back