Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious,, is

Curious,,, is there one or two in particular you are looking for ? Lever or something else ? I'm lever lover, cause I hunt mostly in dense cover. 200 grain pills.
Did someone say LEVERS….. ❤️❤️💕💕

Mustang Mike and me even got my sister hooked, that’s her deluxe 71 .348 (Browning repo) that I was cleaning for her….
IMG_3173.jpeg71099039813__9EB36652-9BC5-4E76-8D1F-125E556E5218.jpeg70166131906__DC7E95D7-6EE1-4E71-A07A-06EA879E5E70.jpegIMG_0760.png

The Holz Hausen, I've always wanted to try one but I don't think my wife would like stacks of wood peppered around the yard!:surprised3:
I did two of them years ago, wife and kids thought they were cool

One I filled with tossed in wood, one I left empty, the girls would climb in it like it was there hide out

Nice handle.
Unrelated question since I saw the bx in the picture. How do you like it? Been thinking of ditching my cub and yanmar since deck parts are expensive fir the cub and both rare and expensive for the yanmar.
Ran about a cord through the splitter yesterday with the new hose. It got warm but stihl stayed hard. Only leak I have is on the cylinder rod but just a drip.

I'm not a huge gun guy, but that's a nice collection. Really like that model 94 with the hooked butt plate.
Thanks, it’s taken a few years to find them all

I enjoy shooting them, reloading for them and collecting them.

Praying that they pan out as the investment I keep telling myself and my wife that they are…

I tell her, when we are older and if we ever fall on hard times, they’re like a piggy bank.

Thanks, it’s taken a few years to find them all

I enjoy shooting them, reloading for them and collecting them.

Praying that they pan out as the investment I keep telling myself and my wife that they are…

I tell her, when we are older and if we ever fall on hard times, they’re like a piggy bank.
Do you have anything with a saddle ring? This one was passed down to me a long time ago. It belonged to my great uncle.

20240217_061623.jpg

My FIL has owned a bx for over 20 years. It has around 2,300 hrs on the meter, and it went through a couple year stretch that it did not work. It is comfy enough to sit on all day cutting grass with a 5ft. belly mower and just about unstopable in the winter with a 4ft. front mount snowblower. It has pulled countless heavy loads of firewood in his old pickup truck bed trailer. I've replaced a few hoses, a starter, an alternator, a head light switch and a couple tie-rod ends. I also rebuilt the steering cylinder and welded up the air filter bracket when it rattled apart. They are small, but every bit the quality that has built their reputation.
Do you remember what model it is, or the hp? Only thing i need one to be is a lawn mower. I have a b7510, but the 60" deck is too big. 48" rear discharge is about as big of a deck as I can go, 44" side discharge. (Wife has a ton of crap everywhere in the yard I need ro mow around.)

There is a frost plug like thing.
View attachment 1153993View attachment 1153994
And a TT is a travel trailer
Oh, travel trailer lol.
I've never noticed a freeze plug there, wonder how many I've looked at and didn't see it, or they weren't even there?
Speaking of TT's(not the audi version lol).
Saw this last week, got sticks.
20240211_114657.jpg
Not gonna lie, even when I turned to wrenches for a living sometimes I could get tunnel vision, while diagnosing something and miss the obvious.

And, I have all my ASE’s 🤣🤣🤣

Sometimes my stubbornness bites me in the @$$
My buddy is quite the wrench, he could tear right into a dual overhead engine without much thought and get it all back together running usually the same day, but he was as worthless as could be when it comes to small engines. He ended up loosing three fingers and the shop he was at won't let him wrench, and he started working on some small engines, now he's finally figuring it out.
Have you see the new AR lever actions, kinda cool, but kinda odd 🤔. Then there's the the bolt action for Cali :baba: that's throwup, not drool.

Sounds like you need a bigger tractor with a bigger bucket to get rid of the crap! :laughing:
I may need a new home at that point as well.... it's something I've just learned to live with. Happy wife happy life and all. I could just suck it up and get new spindles for my cub, $329.00 per spindle just seems ridiculous to me. (Although the new ones are the tapered roller bearing style so rebuildable.) But still a low lift mowing system and the deck shell is about shot. So I figured I'd start looking fir a replacment. Diesel preferred, I'm trying to get rid of gasoline powered o.p.e. and move everything to diesel that I can.

I may need a new home at that point as well.... it's something I've just learned to live with. Happy wife happy life and all. I could just suck it up and get new spindles for my cub, $329.00 per spindle just seems ridiculous to me. (Although the new ones are the tapered roller bearing style so rebuildable.) But still a low lift mowing system and the deck shell is about shot. So I figured I'd start looking fir a replacment. Diesel preferred, I'm trying to get rid of gasoline powered o.p.e. and move everything to diesel that I can.
I had just finished rebuilding a couple spindles and got new blades for the 60" b2620, then the gear box blew :nofunny:. Not sure how long it had been leaking, as I ever saw a puddle or any sign of a leak, I take full responsibility for not checking it, but it was completely dry. When I checked the parts were around 900 to repair it :cry:. I hated mowing with it anyway so I just bought another exmark, since that and a nice Honda foreman are what I sold to buy my initial small tractor, the b2920. Unfortunately I just blew the engine on the little 52" exmark from low oil too 😕. But at least I can say I was monitoring that one so I don't blame myself for it getting low as I had just checked it. I need to get rid of both of those(the 60" deck and the exmark), and a couple lawn/garden tractors I've bought during that time too. Hopefully I can get this room on the barn done and the dividing wall between the rest of the lean-to finished before spring and sell some of the stuff I've got laying around. It's been tough as I have more money than time right now, so I'm trying to keep my focus on finishing the barn.
As far as plowing the wife's stuff, mine knows better 😉. I've offered to bring my tractor down to my MIL's place to plow a bunch of her landscaping too :). I've been after her for yrs and she/the BIL's finally allowed me to tear a bunch of stuff near the house out and re-grade it then add back a small/easier to maintain plants back in and mulch. I was only allowed to do this after 13yrs of watching water leaking into the basement and my BIL's not fixing it 😅. You should see some of the "repairs", can you say flexseal:laughing:. No problems since I graded it, but the slope is so gradual there could be some problems if it isn't maintained in the future. I always try to make the grade do the work when possible, unfortunately sometimes you need more. I'm glad she can sleep easy and doesn't have to worry about the basement flooding for a while, and I don't have to worry about running over 2hrs away to clean it all up!
Still can't wait to plow one particular landscaping section over/into the ground :p.

Nice handle.
Unrelated question since I saw the bx in the picture. How do you like it? Been thinking of ditching my cub and yanmar since deck parts are expensive fir the cub and both rare and expensive for the yanmar.
Love it it’s been flawless since 2009. But I wish I had bought the next size up

Back