Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Stevens 555 .410 o/u is 5.5lbs. Great grouse gun. They grow big up here.
View attachment 1160420
Wow, that is big.
We don't even have "Great Grouse " over here ;).
Found this in my barn this morning. Making them our state bird is like making a Canadian goose our state bird, at least many of them stick around the whole yr.
20240308_100630.jpg

Went to the neighbors and got the cherry all cleaned up.
20240308_102105.jpg20240308_120623.jpg
Told him we were going to clean up the front yard cleaned up as there was a bunch of smaller stuff and a few larger branches too. He said no, leave the stuff in the front yard, I want to get it with my new 12" electric saw(I think it's a battery saw) lol.
So I asked if there was anything else he needed, he said he wanted this little elm removed, so I dropped it and we cleaned it all up. That's not totally true, my wife and youngest daughter had it all branches cleaned up, so I was only able to move one piece round off the stump, because the boy grabbed all the stem pieces. Darn it 😆.
20240308_111054.jpg
20240308_115641.jpg

Dang, the inside of your barn is really nice! TV, fireplace!!
It's "great" 🤣. I brought it inside to show the kids, my daughter took the picture.
I do have a fridge for the barn :p.
It was nice being able to just fire up the compressor and blow off the saws out there today. Can't wait to get the shop room finished and the carpet installed :).
Just talked to a guy I got the windows on the south side of the building from today. I was perusing Craigslist and saw a nice John deere tractor, when I clicked on the ad I thought this looks familiar lol. Called him and maybe next week I'll head up there, he has a frost free hydrant I'd like to buy, but we need to settle on a price yet. I plan on installing one in the barn, whether I get this particular one or not. He also has a good length of pex hose, he needs to check the length and I need to check the exact length I need. Hopefully it will work out for both of us.

Alright guys, y'all gotta edju-macate me.
A friend of a friend showed up with 2 each fired rounds of 4 different calibers. Had me drill out the primer and tap the hole 5/16 NF
KIMG5924.JPG
We were both kinda short on time. So he left em, I did the work and left em in his front door. What the heck is he doing? Some kind of match shooting?
Something about setting the precise depth of the bullet into the casing, to just engage the rifling? Something like that.

Alright guys, y'all gotta edju-macate me.
A friend of a friend showed up with 2 each fired rounds of 4 different calibers. Had me drill out the primer and tap the hole 5/16 NF
View attachment 1160514
We were both kinda short on time. So he left em, I did the work and left em in his front door. What the heck is he doing? Some kind of match shooting?

Making snap-caps?

So, I’m more of a “need to see the leaf” to identify the tree

All the more experienced guys, what do you thin these are?

Municipality just left the pile on the side the road near my pals house

Probably 1/4mile from my house View attachment 1160518View attachment 1160515
Looks like hard/sugar maple, ash, beech, mulberry.
Nice score. Looks like more that could come down in the first picture right next to the river.

Latest posts

Back