Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see ash,beech and sycamore. Not sure what the second pic with dark center stump is.
That's the one I was thinking mulberry, but if it's butt is laying towards the camera, the bark doesn't totally look like it, but a guys gotta throw something out there lol.

Another bucket...
This picture has a big cast pot in it for you guys, you know who you are lol.
20240308_113951.jpg
Here's the little pile I made.
You can see the white pine Rob milled for me, its on the trailer behind the excursion. Glad someone dropped that off for "him" lol.
Couple black locust sticks to the right for farmer Steve :sweet:.
20240308_120006.jpg

Went to the kitchen to make breakfast. See there is no bread. Says to myself "self this ain't a gonna work!" Baked a loaf of whole wheat sourdough. Then lightly toasted a couple slices in cast iron while frying a couple of farm fresh eggs in another cast iron pan. So hungry by the time it was all ready that these are the only pix you get.
1709995427036.jpeg
1709995456911.jpeg
1709995480120.jpeg
Have I mentioned how nice nonstick cast iron is? One paper towel each and they are ready to go.🍳🍞:drinkingcoffee:

So, the pile of wood that was up by the guard rail, isn’t on my buddies property. But I talked to the little old lady neighbor. She said she thought the town workers might be interested in it for their own firewood and she thinks they should get first pick. I nodded, she told me to come back next weekend and if it’s still there, that she’d let me have it

I thought that was fair enough, want to tread lightly as she has a ton of standing dead and is literally walking distance from my place, could turn out to be a goldmine for me

This pile….IMG_6282.jpeg

Alright guys, y'all gotta edju-macate me.
A friend of a friend showed up with 2 each fired rounds of 4 different calibers. Had me drill out the primer and tap the hole 5/16 NF
View attachment 1160514
We were both kinda short on time. So he left em, I did the work and left em in his front door. What the heck is he doing? Some kind of match shooting?
Something about setting the precise depth of the bullet into the casing, to just engage the rifling? Something like that.
You are making these.....
"Overall Length Gauge Modified Case"

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012753414

Got ahold of some tree guys to drop off wood….goal being to never have to go get wood and load in truck agian lol…we all know that won’t happen….it’s actually fun to be able to cut in your own yard!!View attachment 1160575View attachment 1160576
My nephews used to work for tree guys, they’d drop off wood all the time. It was nice cause they would cherry pick for me and make sure I didn’t get soft wood.
Downside, it was all different lengths and rarely cut straight. Always seemed to have a weird angle….

My nephews used to work for tree guys, they’d drop off wood all the time. It was nice cause they would cherry pick for me and make sure I didn’t get soft wood.
Downside, it was all different lengths and rarely cut straight. Always seemed to have a weird angle….
Ya since I got the boiler I told them I do t even care what size it is lol…hopefully get atleast 1-2 guys that will unload here…so far one guy has brought some white oak, couldn’t be happier about that…

Alright guys, y'all gotta edju-macate me.
A friend of a friend showed up with 2 each fired rounds of 4 different calibers. Had me drill out the primer and tap the hole 5/16 NF
View attachment 1160514
We were both kinda short on time. So he left em, I did the work and left em in his front door. What the heck is he doing? Some kind of match shooting?
Something about setting the precise depth of the bullet into the casing, to just engage the rifling? Something like that.

You are either converting to a different size primer, or removing the military crimp. He better make sure the new primers are tight!

Or, are you converting the flash hole? some military have 2 holes not in the center, makes reloading all but impossible.

Latest posts

Back