Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't mention, this happened today. Since it was raining today we did our running around pretty early in the morning. My wife found the chicken lady at tsc. She only wanted 2 to replace the chickens we lost over last summer, they will only sell 4 at a shot, and she tossed the black one in for free. Last one and she says it's a rooster. Brings up back up to 22 birds.
I got chick fever at Tractor Supply 2 years ago. I already had 6 barred rock and 6 Americana chicks but TS had 6 Barred rock chicks $1.00 per bird, yep I did it but no Rooster. I ordered a barred rock roster along with12 Cornish this spring. Hope to have breeding stock.

I wonder if a bicycle chain tool would work.
Bicycle chain breakers would be iffy. The old school breakers have a mid support that goes between the side plates so you can adjust the side pressure. The chain wouldn’t fit. Both the old and new types probably wouldn’t be able to overcome the swaged end of the pin due to the lack of leverage… they are small tools and quite frankly are likely to break. We had to replace the pin in the chain breaker we had in the bicycle shop regularly… they would bend. All the chainsaw chain breakers I’ve seen are more substantial and have longer handles on the breaker.

I have not started giving anything away yet (despite Matt's urging!), but I have stopped buying more, and each of my two oldest Grandsons have a favorite they have taken deer with.

The 17 year old likes my Winchester Model 70 Black Shadow in 270 Win Short Mag, and my 14 year old Grandson likes my Ruger American Rifle in 30-06.

The Ruger American Rifle is an early one, and is a little different than current production. The barrel is about 1/4" longer, radiused in the front (instead of recessed), and the new ones have a flat spot on the bolt. The new barrels are also a touch thicker, but mine shoots very well.

Luckily, my exercise routing seems to be making my back stronger the last few years, so I think I still have some time left on the meter!
Yeah… I haven’t purchased a gun in quite some time. The last three handguns were from a long time friend’s estate. The last modern long gun was the .410 SxS. The flintlock… technically I’ve had that for decades but it was only 1 3/4 years ago that the carving, engraving and finishing was completed. I’ll have my father’s guns… he’ll be 90 at his next birthday. I would buy a vintage PPK or a Hi-Power if the opportunity arose. Was thinking about asking my 85 year old friend how he’d feel about selling me either or both from his collection… but to me it would be an awkward question. I’m pretty sure he wrote articles about both in his long running column in Dillon’s Blue Press.

Well.. since you asked my opinion......🙄

Mag fed lever?.....🤨 Blasphemy!!!!

"Lever AR"👎👎👎👎👎 more Blasphemy!!!!

I love tube feed 22's!

Mags are despised at my house.....the idea of an appendage sticking off my gun an right angles is no okay with me.

Here's something that's going under the hammer.....I really dislike these awkward un-ergonomic things....ar-10...View attachment 1160861
What you gonna do, remove that grip so it's shaped more like a lever 🤣.

Well.. since you asked my opinion......🙄

Mag fed lever?.....🤨 Blasphemy!!!!

"Lever AR"👎👎👎👎👎 more Blasphemy!!!!

I love tube feed 22's!

Mags are despised at my house.....the idea of an appendage sticking off my gun an right angles is no okay with me.

Here's something that's going under the hammer.....I really dislike these awkward un-ergonomic things....ar-10...View attachment 1160861
Browning has a mag fed lever with no stick out of the bottom. It's a BLR. Very short throw on the lever. Has the Browning buck on the bottom of the lever. It's my personal favorite..

Buckets we got yesterday.
There was one more, but I didn't get a picture of it so I guess that one didn't happen. Also brought the log over to Robs, hopefully he can make something nice out of it.
20240308_103315.jpg
That pic Looks like a wood hauling land speeder...
1710101020307.png ;)

I like the flush mounting Ruger 10 round 22 mags, as you can keep extras handy. They still use them in semi auto and bolt guns, but they also used to make it in lever action.

Winchester is using an interchangeable mag (with the Ruger) in their new semi auto. I guess the patent on it expired.

Latest posts

Back