Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my Remington 1900,

Remingtom-Double-12-S.jpg

It was my dad's, he bought it from a family that was moving away, for 10 dollars, back in the 40's.

SR

That stinks
Reckon its the reality of a changing world.
My dad had a few guns but wasn't deep into them. I inherited the gun gene, my 5 siblings really didn't. Work led me most of the way across the country, none of my family close. Wife is similar...few guns around but not a strong culture. I've accumulated quite a number and all the supporting items (scopes, reloading supplies, etc.). Reality is that it is now time to sell most of it. Sad but real. Anyone that said they wanted would only be for re-sale value,
Wish I had a better legacy.

Good evening guys. Very busy weekend here.

Got some projects done yesterday and then watched my son’s last basketball game. Their season ended in the region quarterfinals against the number one team in the state. They had a great season though.

Today helped out with the Lions Club pancake breakfast. Then took my daughters for part of their Christmas gift from me, which was an afternoon at the spa.

Did some meal prep tonight, made up a couple of bacon asparagus quiche. Here’s a couple other goodies that we made, including a triple berry pie, meatball sub, pizza sub, and English muffin pizzas.

IMG_7117.jpegIMG_7116.jpegIMG_7114.jpegIMG_7094.jpeg

Not sure if it’s my Internet or AS but I haven’t had many pictures load properly over the last few pages.

Slow loading pics here as well......just assumed it was my slow internet connection.
I don't have high speed internet at home just standard speed stuff. It takes a good 1-2 minutes to load pictures. Speed is so poor i got to watch videos on 240p or less others it just sets and loads.

Ruger model 96

Good luck finding one
You don't know me very well lol.
If I could have a 100 bucks for every time I heard that or that it can't be done, or you'll never find one in this good of condition :rolleyes:.
Pretty cool actually.
I really was ribbing @Sawdust Man , knew he'd fall for it:laughing:.
What I want to get is a semi with a mag instead of the tube's and bolts I currently have. I do have one semi that takes a mag, it's a Taurus PT-22, bot really the most accurate at 50yrds lol. I almost bought a Nice ruger 10/22 that had been worked over a bit; Kidd barrel aftermarket stock aftermarket trigger..., It was pretty much what I wanted, but unfortunately the timing wasn't right. I need to stay focused on the barn! Dollar wise that is, but I plan on doing a bunch of splitting the next few weeks before it gets too hot out and the mosquitoes start trying to carry you away.
My buddy/neighbor did get the outlets and covers installed in the shop :happy:. Need the trim finished and a few other personal touches, then some carpet tiles and I can start filling it up. Oh yeah, and figure out what lights I'm going to use and install them too.
Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 12.17.12 AM.png

I got chick fever at Tractor Supply 2 years ago. I already had 6 barred rock and 6 Americana chicks but TS had 6 Barred rock chicks $1.00 per bird, yep I did it but no Rooster. I ordered a barred rock roster along with12 Cornish this spring. Hope to have breeding stock.
she just got this batch last winter when tsc was clearing them out. I can't remember what all she ended up with. Some white skinny chickens, some little speckled black ones and some big red ones. The red ones are good producers, but we've had nothing but issues with them getting sick and one even broke its leg some how. She told me what these chick's are but I can't remember. I know they she said they arnt the stupid red chickens. I could have done without the rooster, he acts like a jerk once and he's gonna die. Actually hoping the lady doesn't know how to sex chick's and he's a hen.

Latest posts

Back