Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay.
What does that screw do on the pump, the one just above the hose/hose clamp.View attachment 1163003
Normaly all screws like this have a jam nut to keep it from moving. It could just be a plug that actually covers up an adjustment screw. Try backing out the screw that is turned in all the way and see if that let's your retract handle knock off.

Normaly all screws like this have a jam nut to keep it from moving. It could just be a plug that actually covers up an adjustment screw. Try backing out the screw that is turned in all the way and see if that let's your retract handle knock off.
Will do.

Obviously a Husky guy but always wanted a 026, 044, and 064. Neat vintage saws.
The only one of those I haven't owned is the 064, what a saw, unfortunately no spring AV.
No, sir, not switching brands. But a 026, which is what I also think it is, would be the pic of the litter out of that bunch.
Alright, we'll see lol.
I wanted one that was ported by doc, those are nice with a 20, and real close to a 241 for size.

Okay.
What does that screw do on the pump, the one just above the hose/hose clamp.View attachment 1163003
Jump to about the 4 min mark.

There are a few different styles of adjustment, but it will be under the plug.
Edit, boring video. He didn't ever make one with the actual adjustments. It's pretty easy though. There is a possibility the check valve is screwed up. Adjustment should be under the smaller plug, check valve under the larger plug. Quick, crappy piv of mine for reference.

Attachments

• 20240318_202445.jpg
    20240318_202445.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
The only one of those I haven't owned is the 064, what a saw, unfortunately no spring AV.

Alright, we'll see lol.
I wanted one that was ported by doc, those are nice with a 20, and real close to a 241 for size.
Chip, I’ve owned a 026 before. Back when I was cutting all the wood for my sister. I had the 362xp with the BB kit and a 026 as my two saw plan

They’re pretty good saws (for a Stihl), ask Uncle Mike, I’ve been begging him to get these stihls outta my garage!!!

Ms261 and 362

Both come with the OEM parts to make them whole again…..

Just this time of year, that poor guy doesn’t know if he is coming or going!!

Jump to about the 4 min mark.

There are a few different styles of adjustment, but it will be under the plug.
Edit, boring video. He didn't ever make one with the actual adjustments. It's pretty easy though. There is a possibility the check valve is screwed up. Adjustment should be under the smaller plug, check valve under the larger plug. Quick, crappy piv of mine for reference.

Thanks for the video, I learned something, guess I'm still alive :).
So watching that makes me think the unloader valve cap is missing. Could it be missing and then the unloader valve backed out causing the issue.

That's the first time I've seen the full video! The way she's just revving on it constantly after just about getting annihilated by the butt of that tree :wtf:
I was wondering why the saw was revving when the chain wasn't spinning when she walked from the stump to the top of the tree.

Any of you scroungers looking for some wood, coming down tomorrow. Should be ready to burn in a few yrs since the property owner waited til it was full of sap 🙄.
Bring your saws, proof of insurance, and be prepared to repair the yard if you damage it. I know what I've got, HVCW(highly valuable cotton wood) :laughing:.
20240318_181356.jpg

Just because you posted that, the first flight I took after 9/11, there was a big poster listing stuff not allowed in carry on, and one was chainsaws! Made me wonder how many people have ever carried a chainsaw on?
I checked one, once.
Got a good deal on a HD rental (Makita, corded electric) on a trip.

Cleaned it up really good. Drained all the bar oil, and flushed the tank . Removed the bar and chain, and packed them separately. Labeled everything.

TSA ripped all the neat packaging apart. I guess that the electric motor, and guide bar, looked really interesting under X-ray?

Philbert

Any of you scroungers looking for some wood, coming down tomorrow. Should be ready to burn in a few yrs since the property owner waited til it was full of sap 🙄.
Bring your saws, proof of insurance, and be prepared to repair the yard if you damage it. I know what I've got, HVCW(highly valuable cotton wood) :laughing:.
View attachment 1163040
Now no fighting men, stop pushing, let's be gentlemen about this! I know it's a prize opportunity but...... Lolol

Back