Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got step on of a project done. Remember that 2005 Chevy 3500 HD that I brought back from Illinois last summer? I ended up buying it from my wife's work for $500.00. @sean donato and @MechanicMatt you were both right, it only need a fuel pressure regulator solenoid. The old must've been stuck and it just rammed straight to 30k psi and set a code and went into derate. Replaced it and and she runs great.
Before...
View attachment 1164193
Pulled the box today. Clean slate, I'm thinking flatbed, headache rack and some undermount toolboxes.View attachment 1164194View attachment 1164195
https://www.facebook.com/share/r/FmrDZhbDm8yHuJdY/?mibextid=31ks6x

This looks better

Wife and we’re shown this at breakfast today by a friend who’s a very old but still has all his marbles…physicist, who proceeded to explain the math and physics needed for this thing to do what it did…and the tech doesn’t exist here…

I heard an interesting take on the subject the other day regarding why world governments don't seem to drawing much attention to these sightings. Well either they simply know it's all fake, or they know it's all real and already have the tech. Why go crazy over something they already have?

G'day fellers,

Been a while since any scrounging done. Been too hot and cricket season takes up a lot of time. Got out to Mitch's today though for some peppermint.

20240324_122510.jpg

Used the 241 and 460 in about equal proportions.

20240324_133324.jpg

20240324_133346.jpg

There's another ute load in it, might get back out there tomorrow if I have time.

20240324_142539.jpg

I'm ready to receive comment on the aesthetics of my scrounge now :laugh:

Scrounge on :rock:

G'day fellers,

Been a while since any scrounging done. Been too hot and cricket season takes up a lot of time. Got out to Mitch's today though for some peppermint.

View attachment 1164217

Used the 241 and 460 in about equal proportions.

View attachment 1164218

View attachment 1164219

There's another ute load in it, might get back out there tomorrow if I have time.

View attachment 1164220

I'm ready to receive comment on the aesthetics of my scrounge now :laugh:

Scrounge on :rock:
I'm jealous all around. You guys have all the cool utes down there.

Awesome, thanks for helping out.

Your cylinder has 2 lines going to it but one is hard piped through the trunion stub and the other connection is flex hose. This complicates things a bit, but not a huge deal.

One thing to check real quick is the lovejoy coupling between the pump and engine. The setscrews can back out and the coupling halves can work themselves away from each other and become uncoupled. I've seen coupling faces just touching to where it spins the pump enough to move a ram but slips under load. So check your coupling.

View attachment 1164206

Installing a gauge in a tee at your supply line from your pump at your valve (the fitting in the other picture) will suffice for now without blocking anything off. You'd have to disassembly the valve from the cylinder in order to block the ports off properly. I can't tell from the picture but I'd say the fitting at your valve is fixed so when you loosen it, the hose will spin with it. So like you said, you may have to remove the hose from the pump end first.

Your valve specs, according to this parts diagram shows 3/4" NPT IN/OUT ports and 1/2" NPT work ports.
I was going to put the gauge using a Tee at the control valve connected to the line coming off the pump and connecting to the bottom of the control valve.
IMG_2676.JPG
I'm guessing the Tee should have a 5000 psi rating also? Having trouble finding one.

I was going to put the gauge using a Tee at the control valve connected to the line coming off the pump and connecting to the bottom of the control valve.
View attachment 1164231
I'm guessing the Tee should have a 5000 psi rating also? Having trouble finding one.
2500PSI working pressure rated is sufficient.

Good morning guys. Busy day yesterday.

In the morning, I went up and bought a couple of canoes from an outfitter. One of them needs a little work the other two just show some use.

Brought my girls to get their hair done. Then we had a belated birthday party for my 19 year old son. By request burgers and blueberry pie. I made beer cheese soup to accompany it, and it was very good. Then after everybody was done, I cooked corned beef for meal prep. Also had northern lights last night for most were secluded buy clouds.

Also made some homemade candles.

IMG_7313.jpegIMG_7314.jpegIMG_7318.jpegIMG_7328.jpegIMG_7327.jpegIMG_7329.jpegIMG_7332.jpegIMG_7337.jpegIMG_7338.jpegIMG_7335.jpeg

Did you get the winds ? The chairs on our deck were sliding back and forth had to go out at 1am and brought them in .
Yea, my wife was commenting on how the evergreens next door were swaying back and forth. We were pleasantly surprised we did not loose power.

Traditional Basketball tourney snow; Thursday-Friday, again this morning. Only a few inches, but enough to shovel and try some new cross country skis Allison bought me late season.
Working on an (ab)used Harbor freight Cement mixer Seller; "it works"
Hah!
Full grind off the bolts dis-assembly, beat out 20 lbs of set concrete, beat apart a lot of rusted forever parts, all new ball bearings on the shafts it's nearly back together. Wife thinks footing for long delayed back porch But motorcycle gas tank derusting tumbler is the real goal. :innocent:

The boy woodpeckers are beating their beaks off looking for woman round here.
This Pileated has decided seed cakes are good.
pileated.jpg

Back