Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else in the NE feel that earthquake
I felt it in my classroom floor and then the projector started to rattle in the ceiling. I knew it wasn’t normal.

It wasn’t the feel but the sound of rumbling that threw me off. I didn’t expect an earthquake to be loud?

The problem with this stuff, like with cars, boats, motorcycles, chainsaws, etc., is that once you are exposed to the possibilities you get hooked and have fantasies!
Also, I'd think a Purdey over and under would be better for clays. 😃

View attachment 1167186
That shore is purdy!

Anyone else in the NE feel that earthquake?
Reported locally in Central Mass. and towards Boston that they felt it. My wife and I did not feel it. Some people within a few miles of us did.

‐------'‐------------------------------------------‐---------

I was over at the farm today and saw this tree down in the back field. I think it is a Cherry tree if my memory serves me right from this far away. It either came down in the ice storm a week ago or during the many days of high winds this week.

Attachments

• 20240405_133158.jpg
    20240405_133158.jpg
    741 KB · Views: 0
Barring any more disasters and/or emergencies I planned to reach out to you in the next few days... When we meet up I can give you a high level summary of what I've been dealing with since last fall.... or not! What is your week looking like next week? I should have time to get out... I'll reach out either PM or via your phone which I believe is in the PM.
This is one of the things I had to deal with… extreme sediment coming from the water main. This was out of my hot water tank!

1712353971577.png

We were watching coverage of the quake on TV at 6:00 when we got a pretty good aftershock. Not as long or strong as the initial one, but the house still shook, and my wife (who was walking dogs during the first one and did not notice it) got scared for a moment!

Two minutes later, the newscaster was talking about it!

I'll have to order T shirts ... I survived the shake!!!

We were watching coverage of the quake on TV at 6:00 when we got a pretty good aftershock. Not as long or strong as the initial one, but the house still shook, and my wife (who was walking dogs during the first one and did not notice it) got scared for a moment!

Two minutes later, the newscaster was talking about it!

I'll have to order T shirts ... I survived the shake!!!
These are the pre-shocks to a big one… …or a volcanic eruption.😉

Barring any more disasters and/or emergencies I planned to reach out to you in the next few days... When we meet up I can give you a high level summary of what I've been dealing with since last fall.... or not! What is your week looking like next week? I should have time to get out... I'll reach out either PM or via your phone which I believe is in the PM.
Yes my cell is in the PM. I can be available most days with some prior notice

I felt it in my classroom floor and then the projector started to rattle in the ceiling. I knew it wasn’t normal.

It wasn’t the feel but the sound of rumbling that threw me off. I didn’t expect an earthquake to be loud?
We’ve had several here last few weeks, always surprises me how loud they are.

In western Ma did not feel an earthquake, and I was working the basement at 10:30. I know because I had a spam call at 10:30.

Got a flail mower from Titan, no order email but it came 2 days later. Of course it came when we had snow, had the18 wheeler stay on the street and got it with the tractor. My wife wanted it so bad she skipped over doing a kitchen counter. We have 800 ft driveway with wild roses grape vines and assorted brush that eats up our driveway every year

Attachments

• flail mower.jpg
    flail mower.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 0
Well, I was pissed she was giving up on softball

But, seeing she’s one of two freshmen playing both ways…
And she plays QB as a freshman

And, she rushed for three TD’s and threw for another AND it would have been two throwing TD’s but the receiver dropped it, literally hit her in her chest!!

I guess I can’t be too upset….

I was actually beyond proud jumping around the bleachers like a fool telling everyone, “number 2!!! That’s my girl!!!”

They won 40-20, it was 33-0 at half

At 40-7 they stopped playing both ways and let the other girls get some time on D
IMG_6641.jpegDSC03078.jpegDSC03073.jpegDSC04106.jpeg

As for the quake, we had one car almost fall off the lift at work. Some boxes came off the shelves in parts

I honestly was arguing with a customer in the shop, his son put three gallons of DEF in the diesel tank and he couldn’t understand why I wasn’t going to warranty it.

I told him five times, GM doesn’t warranty stupidity and to call his insurance company if he wanted to

He wanted to see the proof, the crystallized fuel filter was the nail in the coffin

I was walking him back to my office when the quake hit….

Well, I was pissed she was giving up on softball

But, seeing she’s one of two freshmen playing both ways…
And she plays QB as a freshman

And, she rushed for three TD’s and threw for another AND it would have been two throwing TD’s but the receiver dropped it, literally hit her in her chest!!

I guess I can’t be too upset….

I was actually beyond proud jumping around the bleachers like a fool telling everyone, “number 2!!! That’s my girl!!!”

They won 40-20, it was 33-0 at half

At 40-7 they stopped playing both ways and let the other girls get some time on D
View attachment 1167704View attachment 1167703View attachment 1167702View attachment 1167701
She seems like quite a kid. Lot of determination in her face.

Were you using vegetable oil for the chain? I've heard it turns to a plastic consistency if it's not cleaned off after use.
Mixed with heat and pitchy wood it turns to near concrete that takes days soaking in the Purple stuff to break it down enough to chip off.
I’ve done a few for a local wood yard that was “saving money” with cheap Costco cooking oil.
He doesn’t use it anymore 😉

Felt the quake big time here. It was the strongest in this region since the late 1800s. Had just finished walking Lucy and was in the living room when everything started shaking and I heard this strange noise. Scared the crap out of me!

At first, I thought it was a horrific wind, but the trees were not moving, then I though my boiler was blowing up or there was a large helicopter over the house. Everything was shaking. I have felt tremors before, but nothing like this. Glad there was no damage.
Whimp, Lol
Having lived in the cali Bay Area for 30 yrs before heading to Idaho, a 4.7 doesn’t even get my attention 🤣

Latest posts

Back