Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missing it's bar.... hopefully it's a 592xp.
This better?IMG_1894.jpeg
Sweet, a 592 :happy: . Curious how you like it.
Congrats.
I like it a lot, thanks. And thanks squareground for answering my questions about 592’s, and talking me into one, lol. Pretty happy with it so far, smooth, good torque, always starts one pull warm, and one pull cold sometimes, and doesn’t feel as heavy as it is, and… side chain tensioner😂

Been trying some Duke’s chain on the 592, Oregon exl was little faster out of the box but cutter hardness was more consistent with Dukes, at half the price so far. Cuts really well out of the box, not so much after I filed it, lol. Similar cutter profile as C83, hard to duplicate IMG_1845.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1844.jpeg
    IMG_1844.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Been trying some Duke’s chain on the 592, Oregon exl was little faster out of the box but cutter hardness was more consistent with Dukes, at half the price so far. Cuts really well out of the box, not so much after I filed it, lol. Similar cutter profile as C83, hard to duplicate View attachment 1169675
Not really familiar with Dukes chain but that looks like decent stuff.

Well guys I finally broke down and grabbed a bigger cc mcculloch. Got a 1-76 off evil bay for $275.00 last time I hesitated to get one it was gone like the wind. Paint looks rough, says it has 140 psi compression, and not much else other then for parts. Pretty excited to get it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240414_091054_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240414_091054_eBay.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240414_091045_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240414_091045_eBay.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240414_091039_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240414_091039_eBay.jpg
    475.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240414_091028_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240414_091028_eBay.jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240414_091023_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240414_091023_eBay.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240414_091018_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240414_091018_eBay.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 0
It has everything you like and need Brett , 👍😆 , yup Brett a side tensioner to , oh ya . It’s worth putting on ur kitchen table for display lol 😆
I don't see me adding a 90 into the mix anytime soon, but it's nice to have a saw thats a proper orange with a side tensioner as an option. The 660s and 661s I've had were always great saws though, so I wasn't to worried about it if needed as both are still quite available.
We'll see, maybe one day.

Yes it was . Going to mill a bit of it rest is firewood.
Yesterday I was at the neighbors dropping and dicing up a mulberry for him that was leaning over his blue spruce and the road. After we finished(I did anyway), we went and looked at the two monster reds that cam down in the storm here last fall. His dad has been picking away at them with his little 50cc jred, he's up to where they are about 20" on the easy stuff that's off the ground, he may need something a bit bigger for the 40"+ or so stuff at the base.
Id rather not deal with the big rounds if I don't have to, but sometimes they come with the smaller ones lol.

Well guys I finally broke down and grabbed a bigger cc mcculloch. Got a 1-76 off evil bay for $275.00 last time I hesitated to get one it was gone like the wind. Paint looks rough, says it has 140 psi compression, and not much else other then for parts. Pretty excited to get it.
Congrats.
Now what you gonna do with it.

I saw that to ,👍

Congrats.
Now what you gonna do with it.
Initially just make sure it will run and get a tally of what all it's going to need. Then basically let it sit for now. I hadn't intended to buy any more projects till the shop is finished, but I couldn't let another one pass me by. Eventually I'll tear it down and repaint it and make it pretty, and find a period correct long bar for it.
I saw that to ,👍
Couldn't have been on for long, I have a running search going for a bunch of Mac saws, got the email this morning about it. Best price I've seen recently.

Initially just make sure it will run and get a tally of what all it's going to need. Then basically let it sit for now. I hadn't intended to buy any more projects till the shop is finished, but I couldn't let another one pass me by. Eventually I'll tear it down and repaint it and make it pretty, and find a period correct long bar for it.

Couldn't have been on for long, I have a running search going for a bunch of Mac saws, got the email this morning about it. Best price I've seen recently.
You see that 795 , ?

Latest posts

Back