Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome Sean, I'm excited for you.
I've got the cash for my bay doors now, need to start checking the prices a bit closer and maybe get the lean-to doors ordered up. Still considering building the main door out of steel insulated panels and having it as a slider on the inside as I have enough room inside to do that. Never seen it done quite like I've been thinking, but that doesn't mean it won't work :).
thanks, I'm pretty excited too. That was the last of the "easy" panels to go up. Everything else will be a bit more technical. We'll at least till I have the posts set for the lean to.
Doors, yeah, as of this second I'm still pretty set on making 2 10'x5' swinging doors for the main door, have not decided where the man door is going and I'm still not really sure where the room in the lean to is going. My wife is pretty dead set the room needs to be in the front, but (of course) I envisioned it at the back. She will likely win out as it will look better pulling in the drive way and seeing a finished wall vs stacks of wood lol.

She will likely win out as it will look better pulling in the drive way and seeing a finished wall vs stacks of wood lol.
Tell your wife that a well stacked wood shed is a thing of beauty, artwork, if you will. :innocent:

The shed is looking awesome. Good work! :numberone:

Tell your wife that a well stacked wood shed is a thing of beauty, artwork, if you will. :innocent:

The shed is looking awesome. Good work! :numberone:
She loves the sight of a full wood shed too, but she's more worried about resale value then anything. Really kinda mad, she's been talking about moving to a bigger place recently. Wouldn't have put solar panels in the house or started building a shop if I knew she was serious about moving eventually.

She loves the sight of a full wood shed too, but she's more worried about resale value then anything. Really kinda mad, she's been talking about moving to a bigger place recently. Wouldn't have put solar panels in the house or started building a shop if I knew she was serious about moving eventually.
New place, new shop or no deal!

Used Granpdas old drill to drill the big hole needed, I guess if I was smart I’d get drill bits that step down to fit my smaller drill

But sometimes I just enjoy remembering the man that gave me that drill a few months before he passed, I get to remember him every time I squeeze that triggerIMG_6828.jpegIMG_6829.jpeg

Another nice day here today, my wife said we should split this load of wood,

Resized-20230923-134759-S.jpg

So off we go with the splitter to get rrr done, we saved most of the bigger rounds for last and this was the last one,

Resized-20240416-143151-S.jpg

and we split it right into my half cord boxes,

Resized-20240416-143308-S.jpg

That wagon load made just under two cords boxed splits...

SR

New place, new shop or no deal!
Lol, that goes without saying. We bought this place because we could afford it and it had enough room to build a shop. Honestly, at least in this housing market, we couldn't afford to buy a 10 acre plot of woods full of boulders and 3 feet off of bedrock.
Split a half cord of green elm with a 12 lb. maul.:laugh:
6lb axe would be more miserable....

Used Granpdas old drill to drill the big hole needed, I guess if I was smart I’d get drill bits that step down to fit my smaller drill

But sometimes I just enjoy remembering the man that gave me that drill a few months before he passed, I get to remember him every time I squeeze that triggerView attachment 1170337View attachment 1170338
I have a drill similar to that. It has 1/2 pipe thread on all sides to give you at least a chance of controlling it if the bit hits something hard. Chances are tho there will be bruises involved. It will twist a bit in half before that beast would stop turning. It's my drywall mud stirring drill. It doesn't even notice when the paddle goes into the bucket.

Latest posts

Back