Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I was sitting by that fire with some bratts. lol

SR
That does sound good, but you would have needed to do those on the grill :barbecue:, that pine was burning hot! A few times the wind kicked up towards me when I was splitting, between the smoke/lack of oxygen and the heat, I had to run outa there. You can imagine what that pine would do to a woodstove in a house:crazy2: :laughing:.
Saw this a bit ago and was thinking of you.
HVBW lol. Better than some guys though.

Screen Shot 2024-04-20 at 1.08.47 PM.png

10 feet or less, lol. Ended up doing 2 courses. The kids were dragging pretty hard halfway through the second course. We did end up catching up to my brother and niece. Invited them to come over tomorrow if they weren't busy. Get some help with the shop. Speaking of, the pillars came out pretty decent. Had a few air pocket holes near the outer perimeter. I thought I had the concrete wet enough and whacked/ stomped the sides enough to get all the air out, but I guess not. Nothing that I think will be detrimental, just cosmetic. Hopefully I'll get the front framed out tomorrow, then I can focus in the lean to Monday and Tuesday.

Attachments

• 20240420_104215.jpg
    20240420_104215.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240420_103457.jpg
    20240420_103457.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
That does sound good, but you would have needed to do those on the grill :barbecue:, that pine was burning hot! A few times the wind kicked up towards me when I was splitting, between the smoke/lack of oxygen and the heat, I had to run outa there. You can imagine what that pine would do to a woodstove in a house:crazy2: :laughing:.
Saw this a bit ago and was thinking of you.
HVBW lol. Better than some guys though.

View attachment 1171405
Would they ship?

🤣

Well the bass didn’t cooperate, but I had a great day

The kids said their favorite part was when we jumped the barges wake at full throttle, I quickly lifted when I realized how big the wake was, they were disappointed….

@SS396driver do you recognize the restaurant I took them to after fishing??

They love it there

IMG_6874.jpegIMG_6868.jpegIMG_6870.jpegIMG_6879.jpegIMG_6885.jpeg

Well, I had a pretty good day at the range. OK, so the 348 did not cooperate ... I have one front sight that is too tall, and one that is not tall enough, so another one is on order.

But my daughter's 308 Winchester left bolt shot very well ... at least with one load! The CFE223 worked well and seems to provide velocities higher than other powders, but the max loads don't seem to provide good accuracy.

I had previously wanted to load my daughter's 308 with the Barnes 168 grain TTSX bullets that I use in the 30-06, but they compressed the powder charge too much in the 308, so I purchased some 150 grain TTSX bullets. I loaded some of them 1/2 grain off the maximum charge, and others a full grain off the maximum charge listed.

The stuff a full grain lower shot well! It will be her new "go to" load for hunting. The previous 165 grain bullets that shot well in her gun were leaded. I was also very pleased that the two 165 grain bullets (with different powders) and these 150 grain bullets all print in the same location, so no scope adjustment necessary and we can shoot which ever ones we want! Practice with the old ones, hunt with the new ones!

Attachments

• Krystles308Predator.jpg
    Krystles308Predator.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 0
Got all that home and stacked.

View attachment 1171567

View attachment 1171568

I know my wood is ugly, my eggs suck and I cheat when I'm splitting, but is my stacking ok?

🥺
Well, let's see. That stack seems ......I better not say anything, you might take offense :laugh: .

Seriously, you cut, split, and stack what appears to be two of my loads in a day. You get a lot done in a session. You're making me tired just following along. My hat's off to you.

People just don't realize how much grease comes out of a kitchen sink.

SR
I think the only grease that comes out of a kitchen sink is that you put in.

Wiping grease off dishes/pans with paper towels and putting those in trash instead of washing down the sink goes a long ways. Plus we don't eat anything fried and only 3 people living here now.

Been on septic since 1997, in the current house since 2008, Never had a backup unless the transfer pump/switch failed (that has happened 2 or 3 times at my current house).

We have a disposal but I don't think I know what it sounds like 😂.

Latest posts

Back