"scuffed piston" help (346xp)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have learned over the various projects I have done, NOT to order parts until you entirely complete the break down, because you may and most likely will come across other gaskets and such that may need replacing.
Treeninja, where do you live? There may be a member close willing to help you out.

This ^^^^.

When I buy a saw that I'm excited about that needs worked over, it's easy to see a couple things wrong or just know that a something needs replaced and want the parts Asap and make an order...but it usually takes me 2 weeks to get parts. And in that time more needs are found by disassembly...and then it's another order and two weeks if I didn't get the first order modified in time.

thanks all, so i just took her completely apart for the most part. took some pics for ***** and to show you what the previous owners did. probably everyday stuff for you folks ;)

i got a long ways to go still before Im confident to order parts but its fun trying to learn.

Attachments

• IMG_2759.jpg
    IMG_2759.jpg
    553.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2467.jpg
    IMG_2467.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0794 (1).jpg
    IMG_0794 (1).jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2881 (1).jpg
    IMG_2881 (1).jpg
    557.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_9317.jpg
    IMG_9317.jpg
    887.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5989.jpg
    IMG_5989.jpg
    910.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_1368.jpg
    IMG_1368.jpg
    656.2 KB · Views: 41
The most important thing is to learn how to tune a saw right then when it gets lean for any reason you'll recognize it and fix what's wrong before you burn it up. Tuning it right means its NOT screaming, saws make more power and have better torque when they have enough fuel. Steve

That cylinder looks like it will clean up just fine. Meteor piston $35 and you'll be good

great thank you, so i just need to research more how to clean-up my cylinder properly,check for air leaks,maybe rebuild my carb,new cylinder gasket (mine is broken), and i think from other threads im seeing I am going to replace the fuel tank vent? what do ya think. any links to helpful guides would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back