seafoam

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSS

Cowshot
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share my thoughts on seafoam with you....First off, I've never been a fan of the 'tune up in a can ' BS, but this stuff really seems to work!!!
Never even heard of seafoam till I came here, so I thought I'd try some.
Wow. Everything I use it in seems to work better after a couple tanks of fuel, saws, weedwacker, lawnmower, etc.
My ms230 would never seem to idle for more than 10 seconds without stalling, ever since it was new. I think it would sit there until it ran out of gas since the seafoam.
14 horse briggs in the mower, seems to run a lot smoother, doesn't backfire and scare the **** out of me when I shut it off anymore.
Biggest inmprovement was in the weedwacker, little weedeater brand pos, hasn't run right for a couple of years, but I don't use it much, so I put up with it. Well. Put the 'foam to it, and what a difference. rev's better, easier to start, idles well, it's all good.
I know I could have gone through the carbs and probably made this stuff work right, but this was quick and easy.
Xl-12, some pioneers, c-5, john deere, all the saws seem to be a little bit smoother....

OK, that's my shameless product plug for this year.

Your mileage may vary.:chainsaw:

I like to run a little in my motor oil, but have no evidence for any advantages of that. When you mix Seafoam and ATF it makes a good penetrating fluid. I haven't noticed any better performance when mixed with fuel. JJuday

I've never tried it, but if it's good enough for Chris and Jerry, I may just have to pick some up...lol.

Just add a coupla "glugs" to each tank... :laugh:

Gary

I was wondering when some one would bring that up :laugh:

I've never used the stuff, I just cant bring myself to try something like that in my stuff. Got to much money in some of my saws to make me want to experiment with the mix, but thats just me. Glad it worked out for you.

I didnt read the directions for how much to mix once and put a whole can in 2 gallons of MIX. I thought i had screwed up for sure but ran it 40:1 and had no problem. And my 029 would never idle long until after running a couple tanks with the sea foam in it but does now

Does any one know if the "fuel stabilizer" statement is true of seafoam?

Right now a I am using 1 oz. of marvel mystery oil and 1/2 oz of stabil, plus 3 oz. of 2 stroke oil per gallon of gasoline for my chainsaws / weedeater. For non-mix motors, I am using 2 oz. of marvel mystery oil and 1 oz of stabil.

Does anybody have any idea what IS in it?
Someone tried to tell me that it's basically kerosene ???

As the boys already said, snake oil or not, it works for me. Not very often something works as advertised, in my experience.

Kevin, I don't know what to say about your generator. That's the first negative comment on the stuff that I've heard.

:spam:

Seafoam is ok at best, i ran it in my permagreen spreader for 2 bottles because the thing would not idle for anything even after carb rebuilt,adjustments, etc

a little difference, but not earth shatering

Sure puts on a good show when used in a vehicle:

2008-11-13003.jpg

2008-11-13001.jpg

I just used some Seafoam in two 18 Hp. lawn tractors. They both seemed to run more smoothly and much quieter. I put some in my Jetta TDI for prevention. I had the intake cleaned out a few months ago. Anyway if I really gave it some gas it would always leave a smoke trail. After seafoam the car only smokes a little at start up but no more smoke when I have to stand on it. Beyond that I can not claim any noticeable difference. I might get slightly better gas millage but I have not confirmed it.

From reading on the TDI Forum lately the general consensus is seafoam is a good upper cylinder lube but if you want something that will clean better, it has to have PEA in it. They recommend Redline, Amsoil PE, and a few others. Redline is considered the best because it has the most amount of PEA (stated) and it is also has some upper cylinder lube in it.

I just used some Seafoam in two 18 Hp. lawn tractors. They both seemed to run more smoothly and much quieter. I put some in my Jetta TDI for prevention. I had the intake cleaned out a few months ago. Anyway if I really gave it some gas it would always leave a smoke trail. After seafoam the car only smokes a little at start up but no more smoke when I have to stand on it. Beyond that I can not claim any noticeable difference. I might get slightly better gas millage but I have not confirmed it.

From reading on the TDI Forum lately the general consensus is seafoam is a good upper cylinder lube but if you want something that will clean better, it has to have PEA in it. They recommend Redline, Amsoil PE, and a few others. Redline is considered the best because it has the most amount of PEA (stated) and it is also has some upper cylinder lube in it.

Well if that is all it's lacking I guess you could PEA in it!!!LOL

Mike

Back