seal cast stove

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tld400

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am trying to seal the joints on my cast stove but when i do them they never last. They sometimes chip away or they leak smoke out of them when i damper stove down to get long burns. How long should the cement joints last after they are done and what is the best way to do the seams to make airtight or close to it.

Are you taking it apart and putting the cement in the joint and reassembling it? Or just gooping it on from the outside?I take the stove apart and do it and they last a few years easy.

Well if I have to do it I break it down wirebrush wet the joint with a little water and then apply the cement and reassemble. Done properly you will get many years of service out of it.

Its a great stove that i can get at least 8 hr burns out of it but just have problems wih the mortor cracking and leaking. Its not horrable but its not good either. I guess next year i will have to break it down,And just wondering what is a reasonable stove brand that gives long burns and doesnt break the bank at the same time. thanks

Back