Seal finders here you go. Poulan 306-245 seal measurments

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up a half dozen of the DICHTOMATIC #06081SM seals at Fastenal today, and they are the correct ones for
oil pump gear cover on the P245/306 series saws. The only difference is that these are garter spring backed, and not the
simple V lipped grease seal that was factory installed by Poulan. If you want pics, and I can some post later on.

Unless MM needs help on the Speigel 223 seal, this thread is wrapped up like fishing line on your lawn mower shaft!

Randy, you done really good, thanks alot!
DICHTOMATIC seals are still new to me but at least they can be found.

If you have time to look up a sutible seal for the 200 series that would be great, might need them sometime, who knows.

Like I said the FW side is the only different one between the 68-69 200 series and the 70-up 245 306 saws. The PTO and pump cover seals are the same.

What Mark is talking about is wrapping a strip of aluminum cut from a beer can around the 'step' on the crankshaft to make a 'ramp' for the seal lip to ride up without being cut or rolled under. I use some blue masking tape or packing tape to do the same thing. Others use a strip of plastic. Anything that makes a smooth/safe transition for the seal lip will work fine.

No not really, with tape or plastic you dont need to drink a extra beer for the strip of aluminum. :laugh:

preciate it guys. i tried it with a strip cut from a plastic jug but got so frustrated i tossed it and just eased the seal on. prolly lucked out that time but was hoping it was something i hadn't understood from the original description. may try packing tape and a little dab of grease on the next one.

preciate it guys. i tried it with a strip cut from a plastic jug but got so frustrated i tossed it and just eased the seal on. prolly lucked out that time but was hoping it was something i hadn't understood from the original description. may try packing tape and a little dab of grease on the next one.

Try whatever you want to but the aluminum strip works best. If you dont drink beer you can use a pop can as well. :hmm3grin2orange:

Speigel 223 FW seal

Closest I found in standard nitrile was a SKF 5510, and it's a single lip HMS1 design, like the
SKF 5542 which used the CRW1 lip type. The only difference is that the HMS1 coats
the whole inside of the metal seal case with rubber to provide better corrosion resistance.
Both have the garter spring backer.

:msp_unsure:States that they are both "WasteWatcher" numbers, boy I need that for
getting rid of my beer belly!

Product Datasheet for 5510

I assume the OEM FW side seal is a double lip type to keep out dirt & sawdust, but I forgot already.
I'll look at one of the ones I replaced and saved for measurements later

Isn't 5510 the CR/SKF # for the 530019051 seal that's used in the XXV series saws? That's what I have written down from an earlier discussion on AS. Mark do you have any 19051 seals handy to compare against the early 200 series FW side seal? I don't have an early 200 series saw to compare with.

Isn't 5510 the CR/SKF # for the 530019051 seal that's used in the XXV series saws? That's what I have written down from an earlier discussion on AS. Mark do you have any 19051 seals handy to compare against the early 200 series FW side seal? I don't have an early 200 series saw to compare with.

Yes... As per my seal compilation from mark and others, 5510 is the xxv seal.

Latest posts

Back