Sealing themo-pex entry @ basement wall

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the same type of hole, only through block wall. I used cement patch around the pipe, then lots of roof patch. From the inside i filled cavity with spray foam. Only installed last fall, but no leaks yet. It also only enters house about a foot below grade.

Also be interested in how everyone else does it.

Don't use spray foam to waterproof anything! Insulate, YES, waterproof, NO!!! A lot of people do it, it doesn't last and wasn't intended for this purpose.

I build and renovate homes for a living and have done lots of holes through foundation walls for services over the years, in addition to the various sealers ect above the MOST important thing I always do is continue the excavation all the way down to the draintile and backfill the hole with 3/4 clear crush gravel or pea gravel.
That way whenever moisture builds up from rain ect it will not create up any kind of pressure at the hole, instead it simply flows unimpeded to the drains.
And whenever I do any kind of draintile work I will always backfill with gravel against the house, usually a layer only about 12" wide once above the pipes.
I have never had leaks yet in over 15 years

Good work! I would probably take it a step further and try to put old silt fencing against the fill to keep mud from infiltrating the stone...at least I'm not the only one that does that.
Some applications don't allow digging that deep, so I go as far as possible and fill with stone, and silt fence on top before mulch/topsoil.

Latest posts

Back