Searching for John Deere 8 (mighty mite)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll just keep waiting and watching. What branding was on the blue one? I haven't researched it enough, I figured there were only the red and green versions...

I had to check the saw pile to answer because I could not recall. Both red and blue are remington branded, but the blue one is a sportsman and has a larger bore. Everything else seems interchangeable. Red one is a delux.

I have a couple of the JD/Remington saws. One is a JD9 (sorry, no 8) but is also based on the Mighty Mite. The other is a bit bigger with a roller nose bar (have a look at the Roller Nose Bar thread for photo's).

If you might be interested, let me know. I am always on the lookout for odd McCulloch saws and parts.

Mark

just watched one go for crazy money a few days ago on ebay, it was a nice original model 8, i think it sold around $250.!, geuss i should have asked more for mine, looks like any saws under a tractor brand label sell for way more than standard versions:msp_sneaky:

just watched one go for crazy money a few days ago on ebay, it was a nice original model 8, i think it sold around $250.!, geuss i should have asked more for mine, looks like any saws under a tractor brand label sell for way more than standard versions:msp_sneaky:

Yep, I like to collect the Echo based John Deere chainsaws, I'm always a sucker for one of those..!:msp_drool:

Here's a few links, the first one is a broken(!) JD 55SV presently going for $150:
LINK

The second one is for 2 JD chainsaws one of them being a JD 91.
LINK

EDIT: Looks like that non running John Deere 55SV went for $255...

Last edited:
Back