Securing Orchard Ladder

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TreeHuggers

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
For those of you who keep your orchard ladder on top of your chip truck, how do you secure it? We have a topkick with a Southco mancab/dump body (old Asplundh truck) and there aren't any tethers to bungee to on top. Would love to hear what you do to keep your ladders from sliding around!

Sounds like you need to weld some tie down eyes on top of the body. That's how we have the ladder attached to the top of our dump truck.

That's what we were thinking, but I figured I'd check to see if anyone else had a trick. We're needing it Friday, so I'm not sure if we'll have time to get ahold of a welder before then. I don't have any welding skills :)

That's what we were thinking, but I figured I'd check to see if anyone else had a trick. We're needing it Friday, so I'm not sure if we'll have time to get ahold of a welder before then. I don't have any welding skills :)

Report to the "lose man card" page! They don't teach welding in high school anymore?

Report to the "lose man card" page! They don't teach welding in high school anymore?

Haha! I've birthed two children, so I don't think I qualify for a "man card," but my other half doesn't weld either. Guess it was in the same category that they put "how to write cursive" into. I wish they'd taught it!! I much prefer being able to do things myself.

Ratchet strap hook into the vent holes on the sides of the bin. Take a wrap around the centre leg and a rung to prevent it from sliding around.

When you're thinking of welding, you may want to consider putting a expanded metal walkway to prevent people from slipping off the roof. Major worker comp potential.

I usually put the ladder on a trailer because the people here have made me self conscious about driving around with a ladder on top of my truck and I am afraid of heights.

Latest posts

Back