Seems like a good time to say thanks !

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave k

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It's nearly the end of another year and with you U.S. guys and girls having Thanks Giving it seems like a good time to say a few words of thanks etc.
Im not one for huge out pourings of emotions but after a couple of years on here I thought I would like to say thanks to all of you for all the highs and lows that is AS !
Over the last 18 months I think it would be fair to say that we have all been directly or indirectly been affected by the turmoil in the world today and I have noted here that all of you have carried yourselves with great dignity and forebearance after loss of jobs or lovedones and friends in particular Sawtroll and Brad and despite all his problems Calvin is still doing his best.
There are so many great characters here like Gink who despite just having surgery still had time to give advice and Litefoot who did a great deal to help his brother, the list is endless - Gary that shoots straight from the hip, Bobl who will take time to share his knowledge and expertise, Jerry (Pioneer) who always has a sound word of advice and a quiet helper in a big way Chris (cjcon) who helps with so many manual requests.
We are lucky to have guys like Brad, Gmax, Leeha, Hagstar, JacobJ, Hoss, Buzz Sawyer, Thall, Blood on the Ice ect ect ect who share so much knowledge and we still have a wealth of knowledge, thanks to the search function !, from Andy aka Lakeside.
A special thanks to Saw Bones and Mr Bow Saw for all the pictorial history you have posted.
Thats enough from me to last a couple of years except to say thanks to Tomtrees, you are a man of few words and punctuation but you always make sense ! Of course I always look forward to Slowp and Twinkle !
Im sure any one I have missed out will be mentioned by one of you !!

Last edited:
I'll chime in too with a BIG thanks to everyone for the way they responded during my brothers time of need. I've already resolved to be the designated cook providing food and drinks at the next GTG I go to.

I'm also thankful for the bride I picked out 27 years ago...still the best decision I ever made. I'm grateful for Gods tender mercies extended to me all through my life despite my struggles to be the husband, father and brother and son I should be.

You two are going to make my eyes start leaking. I agree with all you have said to and about the folks on this site. I have grown in knowledge and a great since of belonging to a group of people of which I have never seen and my never see. But I fell like I can say to you my friends that I'm a better person from being on here with you guys.

Take a moment to give thanks to the good lord for the favors he has bestowed upon us and protect our armed forces where ever they are from. No matter what country they are to be thanked many times over for the sacrifices they make for us.

Have a Blessed Thanksgiving and a wonderful Holiday season from my family to yours.
Thanks for being here,
Joe

I'm not much with words,but Thanks to everyone here.

When the weight on my shoulders seems more then I can handle I can always come here and kinda hide out for awhile.

This seems like more of a big family then anything else.

Happy Thanksgiving to All!! Steve

Happy thanksgiving to all my brothers south of the border. I consider it a privilidge to be in company of such a great bunch of people. Kindness and respect has been shown on this Site as well as good natured banter and ribbing. I wish you all the best.
Pioneerguy600

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I like all you, and enjoy this place a lot, or I wouldnt still be posting here!

Thank you to the ones that have helped me learn and have traded/bought/sold the parts and saws that helps our addiction sustain!!

To the USA

Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving American Neighbors.Thanks to all that have helped us newbies along the way and for this Great Site!
Lawrence

Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving. Thanks to all, that have helped us along the way and for this Great Site!
This year has been a huge health challenge and I was only finally able to run a saw this past October for 1/2 a day. Yet I was always able to come here, AS, and find laughter, peace and a whole lot of good advise and good hearted abuse.:clap:

Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving American Neighbors.Thanks to all that have helped us newbies along the way and for this Great Site!
Lawrence

This post seems like the best one for me to latch on to as it reflects my thoughts as well.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

:cheers:

My many Thanks as well,
A great place to relax and find info
on the currect project your working on.
If it weren't for a few here some of my
project saws would still be projects.

Hope everyone had a great day.

Lee

Thanks to everyone on here for a wealth of knowledge and a great site to sit back and relax with. My wife swears this site is the devil because I can kill more time reading here than doing about anything else, but there is always worse things I could be doing. I hope all of you have a happy Thanksgiving and a blessed holiday season. May the good lord be with you all.

Latest posts

Back