Seen any good Firewood store displays?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeeVee

East Coast Champion
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
What kind of storage or displays have you seen at the convienence or hardware store where they are selling bundled wood?

It'd be nice to have an expanded metal cabinet like the propane cylinders, but that is costly.

If you sell it for $5 a bundle,like they do around here,you could build them out of gold...

4$ sometimes 4.50 here in NW Iowa... and thats only for 9-11 slim peices

$5 a bundle......what do they do with it?

I will speak for crash here, if he doesnt mind, I believe he is from around the "lakes" region of NW Iowa, which becomes a vacation hotspot for the area in the summer. Lots of camping around the lakes so a lot of campfires. And I can confirm that the $4.00-$5.00 for a bundle is a very small package, better get at the very least two for the night.

On the way to Assateague National Seashore in MD there is a guy who sells bundled wood for $9 a bundle and he keeps the bundles in those indoor firewood rings\hoops.

sheesh...$10 a night for a camp fire.

man...you guys sure know them city folks. no wonder you all smile at us so much. LOL

There is a guy around here that has a rack that you see in the Home Depots and has them stacked on that. Makes for a nice organized looking setup.

As for buying the firewood, I found out as of recent that some state parks and such won't let you haul wood into them unless your a local resident due to Ash borer. So you have to buy firewood locally, kinda sucks!

The camphost here in Utah sells them himself for $5 a bundle. He makes a killing. You are not allowed to gather it up yourself in camp, and most people are to lazy to drive three or four miles to get it. He told me he makes a killing. Pretty funny stuff. :cheers:

All:

Here in NH, the second most forested state in the country (Maine has more tree cover if you're wondering), prices are comperable - $4-$6 per shrinkwrapped bundle, replete with a plastic handle for your shopping convenience. I'd love to know how you get in on that racket!

In terms of those who are buying - lots of tourists. Tourism is a major industry here in the Granite State. I've noticed even a few locals, presumably folks who burn very infrequently looking for an ambient glow from the oft-unused fireplace.

Woodbooga
Lake Winnipesaukee, NH

Latest posts

Back