Sent a scored 346XP OE to nmurph for some TLC

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malk315

Running Saws for Therapy
Reaction score
One of my brother's 346's came back to him after lending to a "friend" with no compression and totally hosed piston as seen through the exhaust port.

Sent it out to nmurph for an OEM NE 50CC piston+ cylinder, new lines and seals, and a new muffler to be modded -- old muffler had tree rash (dented).

Pretty excited to see how it turns out -- this will be the first saw with any kind of mods to it.

I'm guessing the coil on this will be unlimited since it is an older "original edition" 346 with the orange clutch cover and 45 CC cylinder? If so when I get it back we'll be able to tell if it 4 cycles at WOT without a load on it so we can be sure it isn't lean... elevation in Georgia versus Massachusetts could be different is what I'm thinking here...

Google says where Neal lives is 105' elevation and my town is 280-300' elevation depending on where you are.
The difference is only the height of a tall pine tree or two! If the saws are that sensitive -- yikes, it would mean climbers would have to re-tune to top the tree and then re-tune to buck the logs... Maybe some fanatic here does that, not us!

So I'm thinking if Neal gets it tuned up great for where he is it ought to run great here out of the box. That's good for us as we have little tuning experience. If we need a tune we have local resources that can do it for us w/o fear of wrecking something.

Thanks for the info. Anyone know if 346XP OE typically come with unlimited coil?

Latest posts

Back