Sequim logging show..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm there. I live in Sequim, so I can't NOT be there.

If we're wanting to meet up, we can all sit in the stands or like Gary and I did last year, just on the log on the North side of the show. The stands might be better, but they can fill up quickly because they're so small.

Who's got cell phones? That's how I found Gary. "Hey where you at?" "I'm looking right at ya, walking your way. Stay put."

Last edited:
looking like i wont be making it.. i still dont have my saw built and i have no transportation.. plus the fact i work friday night and dont get off till 6:30am sat..

Sorry fellas... niether I or the saw will be there. Got too much on my plate right now. Andy... save the beer for another day (yeah right:) ). I need to stop by your place soon anyways. I have some cuttin' to do soon and the 361 is actin' up. I'll call ya.

If any of you PNW guys will be at Deming... feel free to look for me there. Plus I'll be there all weekend in the campground. Stop by for a beer. I'll be at Buckley too... campin' there as well.

Have fun guys...

Gary

I am going to make it there. I was hoping to meet Gas71, fishhunt, Rotax, Ben and Dean. I'll let you know how it goes.

CMM

Maybe

Need to clear it with my Lady But any of you guys comming to the Buckley log show are welcome to pitch a tent or park at my place. There are no outside facilities other than water taps on the house but you are welcome to squat here. I have a some overgrown pasture below an old barn and a fair amount of vehicle parking available for use. Long as it's not 2 in the mornin' there are bathrooms available too. I'll even try to keep the coffee hot and available. I'm about 5 miles from the show.

Last edited:
Sorry fellas... niether I or the saw will be there. Got too much on my plate right now. Andy... save the beer for another day (yeah right:) ). I need to stop by your place soon anyways. I have some cuttin' to do soon and the 361 is actin' up. I'll call ya.

If any of you PNW guys will be at Deming... feel free to look for me there. Plus I'll be there all weekend in the campground. Stop by for a beer. I'll be at Buckley too... campin' there as well.

Have fun guys...

Gary

How's about a few of us come over and borrow your saw since you won't be needing it this weekend? :clap:

Good AS turnout today. Lakeside Andy, Chowdozer, River Rat 2, Dean, Roger, and a "former" member as well. Andy, Roger and RR2 have all the pics. Dean might have some, but his battery died so I don't know how many he got.

Guys, I had a great time! I could have spent the entire weekend with y'all. Andy I've met before, but today was my introduction to the rest of the boys. Dean is a true gentleman and great for general and saw-related covnersation, Chowdozer has enough technical knowledge across the board to float a battleship, River Rat is a good ol' boy who I think would do anything for you, Roger (RBTree) is a character who makes you feel like you've known him for 20 years. Andy, well....Andy is Andy! :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: (A good guy whom I consider a friend.)

Here's some pics. The first is Roger with a 346 on the aimed falling. He hit the watermellon!!! With a cut that high, he doesn't look like a timber man, but mean with a saw in anyone's book. The man knows saws in and out for sure. Check out the old gear drive in the pic. They actually ran it.

attachment.php

This is myself with Rotax for fun afterword. What can I say? A rush, a blast, pure adrenaline, goddang insanne!!! See the camera? Look for it on CMT. Sorry, no PPE!

attachment.php

And this is 'Dozer, Dean and myself after the show when the beer garden announced they had free beer they had to get rid of!!!! We helped them out. :angel:

attachment.php

Had a good time guys. Maybe we can do it again next year.

Last edited:
Congrats to RBTree for being the first one to fell his timber on the watermelon. Several others did too, but RB was first! The whole day I don't think I saw RB stand still for more than 30 seconds. Cut, climb, photo, the guy was busy. :givebeer: It was good too see everyone. I had alot of fun and got my first sunburn for the summer.

Quick movie of a previous member with an 8 holer. Sorry about the size, they wouldn't let us very close until after the show.

Last edited:
Bud Light and Heineken... Yuk.. barely beer...

I agree, although I will admit to usually having some Bud Light around the house in the summer. Good inoffensive beer (not much taste to be offended by) for hot days, and the wife likes it. My tastes run a bit thicker and darker.

Mark

Free beer????? I was looking for Jeff and though he'd gone, so I wandered off and drove around looking for food... rats... Lucked out with the ferry though - drove 40 miles right up to a ferry that was just loading. Long day..

Yep, great bunch of guys. I don't think we disagreed on anything all day :laugh: :laugh:, even on the most suitable girls for Jeff . One kept driving past looking at him, but he was just interested in her wheels (yep, really.. the quad wheels):dizzy:

These guys made Jeff take his beer back to the the truck...:D :D

attachment.php

Actually.. those that Jeff talked to had real guns..

Last edited:
Free beer????? I was looking for Jeff and though he'd gone, so I wandered off and drove around looking for food... rats... Lucked out with the ferry though - drove 40 miles right up to a ferry that was just loading. Long day..

Yep, great bunch of guys. I don't think we disagreed on anything all day :laugh: :laugh:, even on the most suitable girls for Jeff . One kept driving past looking at him, but he was just interested in her wheels (yep, really.. the quad wheels):dizzy:

Pics coming...

I wondered off? You wondered off! I was looking for you and you up and vanished like a fart in the wind.

Please tell me you got a picture of my girlfriend on the lawnmower!!! Mmmmmm, she was hot.....:laugh:

RB in action -I think he he bought a new pair of chaps just for the the show:clap:

attachment.php

There were quite a few chain throws...

attachment.php

But that saw could really throw chips...

attachment.php

Did he really say "long arm the sob"?

attachment.php

Now he's in the groove...

attachment.php

Last edited:
Another group shot..

Jeff (FHCW), Roger (RB), nobody (Lakeside), Rick (RR2), Rotax

attachment.php

Chowdozer to the right

attachment.php

There were a few distractions.. I just love her supenders (and I really like long lenses). Were were about 300 feet way..

attachment.php

This guys made a zillion trips - joy rides...

attachment.php

and these guys... ARGHHHHHH a million "lawnmower" races...

attachment.php

Last edited:
The Harley can REALLY thrown chips...

attachment.php

This one gnawed its way though the wood... 2 man MALL.. neat to see them running though.

attachment.php

Rotax throwing chips, again

attachment.php

Hey RB... where's the chips???:laugh:

attachment.php

An Epiphany... this tractor and me were born in the same year.. now it's just a relic.. that's wheeled out for shows to other old farts:( :(

attachment.php

Last edited:
I had an absolute ball hanging with everyone yesterday. I don't think you could find a better bunch of guys to spend the day with. :cheers:

BTW I calculated that at minimum wage and rbtree's energy it would only take about 5 years to retire. This guy has as much energy as a 2 year old on a sugar rush.

Latest posts

Back