Setting Rayco pocket teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ABC Stump

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I bought one of the those tools that's supposed to help you set teeth to the proper length as directed by the owners manual. However the settings it recommends don't seem possible. I have a Rayco 1625 with 18 teeth. First the manual tells me there is some sort of mark on the wheel that indicates where tooth #1 is located.....I can't find it. Second, it's telling me to line up the end of the teeth with the mark on the tool. If I line them up to where I think it's telling me to then some of the teeth, like the ones further into the center of the wheel, will barely be in the pocket. The straight teeth towards the outside will not go into the pocket far enough. Obviously I'm new at this and I've been "trying" to replace the teeth in what seems to be the original position but I'm not sure I'm getting the most out of my set up. With only 25 HP I need everything to be right.

I'm open to recommendations if anyone wants to offer. :help:

Set all the teeth off the pocket. The distance should be 1 1/4" from the point where the tooth exits the pocket to the tip of the tooth. The pockets should be located on the wheel at different distances from the hub - this was done at the time of manufacture.

Back