Shark Vs Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could have been avoided with a proper safety chain and narrow tip bar.

I read a different article on that and sounds like, the impression I got, he was one handing it and the weight of the branch pushed the saw down on his hand that wasn't holding the saw.

Top handle saw being used on the ground... One handing brush no less. Geez, what could go wrong? Great illustration Mr Norman. While I appreciate his hands on old school work ethic, clearly he skipped the safety and best practices training when using an arborist saw... On the ground.

Btw, sometimes I miss sarcasm in print. Was the shot about safety chain and a small tip bar just a cheap shot? I'm not seeing where it would have helped? No mention of a kickback.

Top handles are for professionals...

Some professionals use both hands. OTOH, there are some very experienced sawyers here who'll say it's okay to one-hand a saw. :eek:
As we've seen with Greg, even the tiniest saw can mess you up real quick. Maybe he's serving as a lesson to us? :rolleyes:

Top handle saw being used on the ground... One handing brush no less. Geez, what could go wrong? Great illustration Mr Norman. While I appreciate his hands on old school work ethic, clearly he skipped the safety and best practices training when using an arborist saw... On the ground.

Btw, sometimes I miss sarcasm in print. Was the shot about safety chain and a small tip bar just a cheap shot? I'm not seeing where it would have helped? No mention of a kickback.

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

I've never met an arborist that didn't one hand a top handle and they've all had 2 hand and 10 fingers. Top handles were designed for one hand use but due to stupidity and lawsuits they say use 2 hands.

Sometimes accidents happen ... probably a careless lack of concentration... it reminds us to keep our mind on the game and not let fatigue get the better of us

A woman I know was given her first chainsaw...a ms200T no less. I told her that is a dangerous saw for a novice but she trusts her hubbies decision.

As I was once told a chainsaw is the most dangerous machine you will ever own that doesn't require a license

I saw a thread earlier that said something along the lines of that a proposal that you will require a license soon to purchase anything over 60 cc is under consideration in the U.K

Could of been related to that ... using them with one hand seems deadly to me

I've been using saws for 40 years and I still don't like the way they feel. Now with me getting older and weaker, I think it is best for me to stay away from them.

Back