Shark Vs Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zogger

zogger

Tree Freak
I read a different article on that and sounds like, the impression I got, he was one handing it and the weight of the branch pushed the saw down on his hand that wasn't holding the saw.

GrassGuerilla

GrassGuerilla

Olympic Piss-reving wanna be.
Top handle saw being used on the ground... One handing brush no less. Geez, what could go wrong? Great illustration Mr Norman. While I appreciate his hands on old school work ethic, clearly he skipped the safety and best practices training when using an arborist saw... On the ground.

Btw, sometimes I miss sarcasm in print. Was the shot about safety chain and a small tip bar just a cheap shot? I'm not seeing where it would have helped? No mention of a kickback.

CTYank

CTYank

Peripatetic Sawyer
Top handles are for professionals...

Some professionals use both hands. OTOH, there are some very experienced sawyers here who'll say it's okay to one-hand a saw. :eek:
As we've seen with Greg, even the tiniest saw can mess you up real quick. Maybe he's serving as a lesson to us? :rolleyes:

Raganr

Raganr

ArboristSite Guru
Top handle saw being used on the ground... One handing brush no less. Geez, what could go wrong? Great illustration Mr Norman. While I appreciate his hands on old school work ethic, clearly he skipped the safety and best practices training when using an arborist saw... On the ground.

Btw, sometimes I miss sarcasm in print. Was the shot about safety chain and a small tip bar just a cheap shot? I'm not seeing where it would have helped? No mention of a kickback.

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

snoozeys

snoozeys

ArboristSite Operative
Sometimes accidents happen ... probably a careless lack of concentration... it reminds us to keep our mind on the game and not let fatigue get the better of us

tooold

tooold

ArboristSite Operative
A woman I know was given her first chainsaw...a ms200T no less. I told her that is a dangerous saw for a novice but she trusts her hubbies decision.

snoozeys

snoozeys

ArboristSite Operative
I saw a thread earlier that said something along the lines of that a proposal that you will require a license soon to purchase anything over 60 cc is under consideration in the U.K

tooold

tooold

ArboristSite Operative
I've been using saws for 40 years and I still don't like the way they feel. Now with me getting older and weaker, I think it is best for me to stay away from them.