sharpen my Vermeer 252 teeth?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billstill3

Reaction score
I'm new. Who sharpens Vermeer 252 teeth? or are they worth sharpening?
Where can I buy new other than Vermeer? Is it cheaper that way?
Bill

had that machine... i always sharpened the teeth. get a "Greenwheel" from sherril? i think... USE EYE PROTECTION AND A FACE MASK and sharpen them outside if you can. take some of the steel off over the carbide, so the steel isnt hitting, get the bottom edge of it very square, i usually took quite a bit off... but it doubled the use of the teeth without shipping and paying someone to sharpen them. tips- get them to have the same angle as the original ones to. dont take TOO much off, or they can break off. dont grind the same one too long, itll over heat it and change the temper.

and... your at your own risk if you take my advice... but i did the above for 3 years without any problems.

We have sharpend them and I question if it is worth the time. It does work and they do last quite a bit longer, but it seems to take forever to shapen a set. I am waiting to get Vermeers new "green teeth" style of stumper tooth.

Back