she is older than me and still in better shape homelite super ez auto

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtracy1223

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Kind of a test to see if I can post pics and also just to start conversation. Who has one of these old girls? Got this one off c-list for $30 the guy said it didn't run very well. Very bogged down and smokey. Then he tells me he had been mixing the gas 16 to one. Not 16:1but 16 oz of oil to one gal of gas :D well we know its well lubed anyway. Lots of cleaning around the muffler and such. Lots of cleaning all round. This thing was so packed with saws dust I'm suprised it ran at all but after some new gas and lots of cleaning she pops off on the first couple pulls and sounds like she wants to fight my sthil for top dog. She would loose of corse but she barks real loud and snappy. tied to tune the carb but I'm new to all this and think I might start over from scratch as I. Think I might have got too lean on high end. It sounds mean but I would hate to burn up a 40 yr old saw that is this nice cuz I jacked it up to high. The model # is 10403A and the ser# is 293060017 if I understand how to read it right this means it was born in 1972 please correct me if I'm wrong. Well here goes nothing for the pic.View attachment 297793

Lol guess it worked. And ya'll got a pic of my 7 yr old on a carasel ride too. Didn't know how to delet it so ill throw it in free of charge ;)

I've got one, awesome little saws. Can't beat that sound either :D

Good saw and a good price.
I cut all my firewood for about 25 years with mine using 16:1 and it had plenty of power. I now use 50:1 and don't see real improvement in performance, but a lot less smoke.

Keep the air filter clean and make sure the carb is set so it definitely 4 strokes at WOT.

Back