sherrill vs. baileys

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohio climber

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
few years ago I was a little frustrated with baileys on a couple minor shipping problems with fed ex .started using sherrill and was pretty happy until I had a problem with a samson stable braid bull rope and sent it back .this was the 5/8 yellow line that is suppose to take some pretty heavy weight ,I watched this rope stretch 10ft and pull out 1ft of tail on a limb weighing a mear 500 pounds and did not even have any leed in the line.this is not my first time using this rope so it is broke in ! this is not my first stable braid line! the last one was a samson stable braid by 1/2 the orange bull rope ,used it for 2 years ,hung mad weight on it .no problems!retired it to my father who climbs on the side from his 9-5 job and he still uses it today. one thing I can say about baileys is they back there products up 100% when there is a problem they handle it .I used that 5/8 bull line maybe 6 times,looked like it was never used.paid to have it shipped back even though I was getting negative vibes by the way they acted before I even sent the rope .I did not want my money back or pay for the little fence tope rail it tweeked ,I just wanted them to see for themselves ,and get me a rope that was not defective,they did not even call me and say "hey here is the deal with the rope " I had to get ahold of them weeks later.I wish i had a picture to show you guys this limb how far it was hanging from the block i rigged it on . this rope looked like a brotworst on the thickness with no weight on it and thin as your pinky with that limb on it .only was around the porta wrap 3 times.they said the rope is milking,I know how to take care of that.put that thing around the ball of your truck and watch that sucker stretch "junk " they said they would send it back to me .what should I do walk my beagle with it? .I told them do not waste my time that piss poor rope is a liability ,stick it in your dumpster and I will eat the $185.00. I will spend my money with baileys cuz if there is a problem they make it right .i spent a lot of money this year in equipment .one thing i must have is confidence in my guys and gear,if either one fails you all now things can get ugly and stupid Quick.be safe,have a good day. BILLMAN TREE SERVICE

ohio climber said:
few years ago I was a little frustrated with baileys on a couple minor shipping problems with fed ex .started using sherrill and was pretty happy until I had a problem with a samson stable braid bull rope and sent it back .this was the 5/8 yellow line that is suppose to take some pretty heavy weight ,I watched this rope stretch 10ft and pull out 1ft of tail on a limb weighing a mear 500 pounds and did not even have any leed in the line.this is not my first time using this rope so it is broke in ! this is not my first stable braid line! the last one was a samson stable braid by 1/2 the orange bull rope ,used it for 2 years ,hung mad weight on it .no problems!retired it to my father who climbs on the side from his 9-5 job and he still uses it today. one thing I can say about baileys is they back there products up 100% when there is a problem they handle it .I used that 5/8 bull line maybe 6 times,looked like it was never used.paid to have it shipped back even though I was getting negative vibes by the way they acted before I even sent the rope .I did not want my money back or pay for the little fence tope rail it tweeked ,I just wanted them to see for themselves ,and get me a rope that was not defective,they did not even call me and say "hey here is the deal with the rope " I had to get ahold of them weeks later.I wish i had a picture to show you guys this limb how far it was hanging from the block i rigged it on . this rope looked like a brotworst on the thickness with no weight on it and thin as your pinky with that limb on it .only was around the porta wrap 3 times.they said the rope is milking,I know how to take care of that.put that thing around the ball of your truck and watch that sucker stretch "junk " they said they would send it back to me .what should I do walk my beagle with it? .I told them do not waste my time that piss poor rope is a liability ,stick it in your dumpster and I will eat the $185.00. I will spend my money with baileys cuz if there is a problem they make it right .i spent a lot of money this year in equipment .one thing i must have is confidence in my guys and gear,if either one fails you all now things can get ugly and stupid Quick.be safe,have a good day. BILLMAN TREE SERVICE

Hey Ohio Climber,
Can you post some photos of the rope after you used it. I'm curious as to what a rope brautworst looks like. Your issue has gotten some buzz within coorporate here, so please don't think it has gone unnoticed. Unfortuniately, without the rope in hand, we cannot do much to determine the cause of the problem.

Last edited:
the rope is at sherrill were i sent it back maybe they can send a pic or just the rope to you personally .i can tell you i would trust my arbor plex climbing line to take a limb over a house before that line.no punt with you guys ,i just do not like the way they deal with problems.the female I first talked to when i called about the rope denied it was a defect before even seing the rope ,and trying to explain how the limb was rigged to her was like telling some one on the street who nows absolutely nothing about tree removal.funny thing is the remaining 6 limbs were removed with a 2 year old 1/2stable braid I retired to my father,and we cut them limbs off just as big ,if not bigger than the other limb that stretched that 5/8 line.I am very finiky about my ropes caring for them keeping them clean,dry and in bags rolled up nice because I expect so much out of them,i geuss you can say i have respect for them as well as the rest of my equipment,I will lend a freind my hot rod before i lent them one of my bull ropes or blocks,and my 1/2 arborflex climbing line I would probably break someones hand if i caught someone touching it.I would climb to the moon on one of my lines and in my weaver saddle and feel very confident .I am 31 years old and consider myself very skillfull with tree care and removal I had started helping my father doing tree work at age 12 and never seen a rope get that stupid. thanks BILLMAN TREE SERVICE.

Back