Shigometer, Used (needed)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
derwoodii
what is that ?
Count its an old style decay measurement tool using electrical resistance to determine tree structure & condition made by a great guru of tree care Alex Shigo.
TREE DEFECT DETECTION

Hell you did raise the dead alright, I last used one in 1985 twas not quite as good as new stuff eg picus tomograph.
PiCUS Sonic Tomograph

Back in ya box Nosferatu we need no DNA genetics hauntings today :laugh:

Ray Morneau

Ray Morneau

ArboristSite Lurker
yep - old - - but would not have thought of "throwback" on my own:)

So, my search goes on ... Thanks, guys for "raising the dead" and participating in the banter. I know most of our profession has moved on ... some might not have even heard of Alex Shigo - but many of us learned a lot from him - He helped our profession avoid the doldrums. Heck, even my Resistograph is "old" at this point:)

Stay Sharp! - Work Safe!!
Thx.
Ray

Ray Morneau

Ray Morneau

ArboristSite Lurker
yeah, Pogo, lots of "sap", huh - - I had to get out my new sunglasses.

well, Fish, newer than the Shigometer, at least the "Resi" still pops on a Google search - - Klaus Mattheck brought it out of his mechanics lab in Germany a couple of decades ago as an aid to decay detection ...

[glorified drill attached to a needle that graphs relative resistance encountered inserting a 3mm diameter bit into a trunk]

... friends who use these invasive devices typically exercise notable judgment & caution, since some degree of wounding is required - so should only be used when necessary to learn significantly more about the subject tree than we can observe with non-invasive techniques.

TreePointer

TreePointer

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member
Already have a shagometer, baby! But that other thing--really, it's not mine.

austinpowers.jpg

dancan

dancan

Spruce , The preferred wood of the Purgatory !
. AS Supporting Member.
Shigometer on your shelf getting dusty? I'm looking for one in good condition - prefer digital readout. E-mail contact works best for me. Thanks.

My hat's off to a fellow that post's a question , get's a reply 10 years later and responds to it the same day !
True dedication !

:cheers:

Latest posts