Shindaiwa 757 ported....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
Reaction score
I started another thread with fuel concerns for my 757 that Jasha did a "tune-up" on. He said that it was around 200psi and should be ok on premium pump gas. So, of course, when I got the saw home last night from Jasha I had to check it out. Jasha does outstanding work and when he said "around 200psi" I think that he was on the low side. I checked it last night with my new Lisle compression tester(with the schrader valve in the end) and it read 215psi!!!!:jawdrop: So after the feedback that I got for the other thread I stopped and got some 110VP race fuel and gave it a go. I blocked up some 30" walnut for a buddy of mine this morning for his wood burner and it seemed to do really good. When I first started, wasn't really very impressed, did some carb adjustments and by the end of the first tank all I can say is WOW!!! Once this saw gets broke-in it should be really mean, it now has about 8 tanks of fuel through it since new. I'll keep you posted....
:chainsaw:

Yeah, but the dyno tests say they're overated........

Hey Mike:

If you ever get the chance, put up some videos of that one in action.

Just came in from running the pole saw and the 377--cleaning up some low hangers, but it's too hot for that stuff.

Last edited:
If you ever get the chance, put up some videos of that one in action.

Yea, I guess I'll have to hijack somebody's video camera and give that a try. I'm going to put the 20" bar with a 8 pin rim on it tonight, that should make it fun!

Jasha, I just want to say thanks again, the saw runs awesome!!!!
:cheers:

The 357 that Jasha ported for me is also 200+ psi and runs great on 91 octane, ethanol free pump gas. I've never tried any race gas.

I don't think you need anything other than high octane, properly mixed. It is not reving high enough to do any damage.
Mike, keep me posted.

Yeah I think a video is a must! Jasha what do you think of the Shindaiwa 757, would it be saw you would use, can you compare it to anyother saws like say a 440 or 372?

ive got pretty good digital camera, ive been useing it to make my videos. i have a 8g card so i can take some long videa

id love to see it running

I am mainly wanting to know how the power was compared to other saws in its class. They are alot cheaper and if the power is there I might would try one out, I own a modded 372 and love it but I am always looking for something else to try.

Nex time I have it out I will make a point to get some video of it in action. I have a new saw on it's way to me so I'm sure it won't be too long. It's not another Shindaiwa either. I am suprised at the intrest all of a sudden on this one, thank you!:cheers:

BUMP, I am still interested in seeing a good video and hearing from Slinger on how he would compare this saw to other saws like a modded 440 or 372!

I don't have a use for one, but that does not mean that it is not a good saw or I don't care for it.

Boy, you kinda danced around that question Jasha! ;) :laugh:

Yeah I know, I just want a seat of the pants feeling, no timed cuts or anything, I know he uses his saws in the real world. I would just like to know how this saw would compare with any of the other saws in and around this class. So what is this new saw you are getting?

Well I finally got some video of the saw in some 20" White Oak today......

20" bar with full chisel chain, 8-pin rim....

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i51.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid51.photobucket.com/albums/f382/TRI955/DSCN1720.flv">

:cheers:
Mike

Last edited:
Back