Shindaiwa warranty fantastico!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmams

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So I am at the dealer over lunch to get my little Honda water pump tuned up and can't help but look at the saws the guy carries. We get to talking about his Shindaiwas and how they now carry a 5 year warranty for the weekend warrior and even 2 years for commercial buyers...this is unheard of no?

The last thing I need is a new saw. But one where I will have no worries for 5 years....sign me up! They have a 59CC model currently on special for $600 CAD. Add some good ol taxes, and convert that back to USD and we're looking at $515 USD all in for this saw...

Should I be running back to get this in the morning? Gut says yes..

thanks crew!

Personal opinion wait until Echo runs their dealer days or whatever they call it again next year. Get the 590 Timberwolf at $340 before tax and same 5/2 warranty.

Personal opinion wait until Echo runs their dealer days or whatever they call it again next year. Get the 590 Timberwolf at $340 before tax and same 5/2 warranty.

Sage advice if you are in the US, but in Ontario there are all but no dealers for the echo products and my turn around time for a part from echo is 7-10 business days. We are an Echo authorized service center and last year at out dealer days the echo rep declined our request for some saws for the open house.. Around here Stihl is what the pros use, it may not be the best, but it is the best when it comes to parts and service. Shindaiwa is a non starter for us as well. Just no one using them and when we do get one in it is a week or better for parts. If you are ok with your saw being down for a week at a time then I say all the more power to you. BTW what part of Canada?

My echo dealer has shindaiwa and echo saws on the same rack. Really looking at the 305s for a limbing saw to compliment my cs590...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I can see that being an issue. I assume they catered to y'all as well but that was my mistake. I'm a Stihl fan personally anyways but at the price point and power for that saw I can't imagine it being easily beat. Never run a shindaiwa personally

I can see that being an issue. I assume they catered to y'all as well but that was my mistake. I'm a Stihl fan personally anyways but at the price point and power for that saw I can't imagine it being easily beat. Never run a shindaiwa personally
The 59cc saw is the same as the cs-590. Looked it over yesterday exact same saw as mine, just red. Pro 60cc stihl has more power, for double the price.

Sage advice if you are in the US, but in Ontario there are all but no dealers for the echo products and my turn around time for a part from echo is 7-10 business days. We are an Echo authorized service center and last year at out dealer days the echo rep declined our request for some saws for the open house.. Around here Stihl is what the pros use, it may not be the best, but it is the best when it comes to parts and service. Shindaiwa is a non starter for us as well. Just no one using them and when we do get one in it is a week or better for parts. If you are ok with your saw being down for a week at a time then I say all the more power to you. BTW what part of Canada?
South shore of MTL. Dealer carries Stihl, Echo and Shindaiwa. thanks for the input!

I'm in the eastern townships, I think echo has bought out shindaiwa but I'm not 100% sure.
was told by this dealer that Echo had purchased Shindaiwa. the latter was non compliant on the newer regulations (exhaust) and with Echo's technology were able to adapt it to Shindaiwa saws and start selling again in Canada...for what its worth....

I'm in the eastern townships, I think echo has bought out shindaiwa but I'm not 100% sure.
From what my dealer said this is true. He said they cs-590 actually started out a shindaiwa design, and echo changed the colors. Then they redesigned their whole line according from shindaiwa designs.

I stopped at the local dealer to look over the new saws. I was told by the dealer the Shindaiwa saw that caught my eye was a Timberwolf in red clothing.
I haven't got any post merger Shindaiwa products nor heard much about them.
I have run the old school Shindaiwa stuff on occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't have a lot of time on my cs590 yet, but so far seems like a really good saw. No pro stihl experience saws ( pro stihl string trimmers though ) and the quality seems there. Cant justify pro stihl prices for my use but seems just as well built as my husky 51 besides the plastic handle.

Latest posts

Back