Shipping from Canada to the US

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Poole

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I’m looking for opinions and options for shipping a chainsaw from Canada to the US.
What’s the cheapest yet reliable provider?
Thank you

Did Canada Post give a tracking number?
yes and 100,00dollar insurance policy
You can use their source of boxes and sealed bags
for purchase and they dont charge for weight just the
container cost!I have shipped lots of parts and power
heads and its the best rates by far.I contact the buyer
with the tracking # after i ship it Good luck Keith

yes and 100,00dollar insurance policy
You can use their source of boxes and sealed bags
for purchase and they dont charge for weight just the
container cost!I have shipped lots of parts and power
heads and its the best rates by far.I contact the buyer
with the tracking # after i ship it Good luck Keith
Thank you

A big thank you to all!
I opened a Canada Post small business account as suggested.
Simple, fast and easy. The chainsaw is wrapped in 20 feet of bubble wrap and the empty space in the box was filled with styrofoam as recommended. Apparently, Canada post and US PS like to have competitions of who can be rougher with the packages! It’s on its way to its new home.
Thank you

A big thank you to all!
I opened a Canada Post small business account as suggested.
Simple, fast and easy. The chainsaw is wrapped in 20 feet of bubble wrap and the empty space in the box was filled with styrofoam as recommended. Apparently, Canada post and US PS like to have competitions of who can be rougher with the packages! It’s on its way to its new home.
Thank you
Yes they compete with roughness but to be 100% fair my issues coming from the great folks in Canada are the dipsticks who cannot pack saws

Part of the secret for stuff not to get damaged is to make sure item or saw does not move inside box. I usually shake box to make there is no movement as that seems to be problem as the post seems to take packages to Home Depot and put them the paint shaker first before mailing.

Sometimes I will go as far as to putting a second bottom in the box, with the saw zip tied to it. I have even gone as far as using wood panelling for that with some bigger saws. Any kind of movement is bad, and if you remove the handle or the brake to make it more compact, make very sure everything is well isolated and there is no chance anything can rub. Can't easily take the dogs off(2100 I'm looking at you) re-enforce the side of the box they are against, or slot a 2x4 to slide over them and secure it to the saw. Maybe even do both.
Noone is ever going to complain that it's packaged too well, but you will know if you didn't do enough!

Back