Shipping Large Equipment

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

defensiblespace

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I found a chipper on Tree Trader in Kansas and I need to get it shipped to California. Does anybody have experience shipping chippers long distance and can anyone recommend an affordable company?

I would stay away from Uship as I've heard many horror stories. You can also look at all the ripoff reports on Uship and the bad experiences consumers have had. You can contact Kevin Browning at Focus USA as I've used him for many years with no issues. His drivers verify the serial number of the equipment to be picked up in case someone tries to pull a fast one. His number is 360-694-9566. You'll need H x W x L and what the machinery weighs. Also, have the ship from and ship to zip codes available.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters

I've used u ship to ship my bucket truck, chip truck& chipper, pick up and skid steer. I never had any problems. There is good and bad in anything just check feedback. It is a useful tool sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read some of the ripoff reports and many of the consumers lost their equipment or the drivers held their equipment hostage until they paid more money. Many of the transportation companies was stealing other companies DOT/MC numbers as well. Just be careful but I would still call Kevin for a rate quotation.

Thanks for the replies. I ended up using Nationwide United Auto Transport. They gave me a reasonable quote. I tried Uship and even got a quote from Union Pacific, but they all wanted a ton more money. I would have tried Focus USA, but by the time I saw the replies, I was already locked in. I'll give them a try next time.

I would stay away from Uship as I've heard many horror stories. You can also look at all the ripoff reports on Uship and the bad experiences consumers have had. You can contact Kevin Browning at Focus USA as I've used him for many years with no issues. His drivers verify the serial number of the equipment to be picked up in case someone tries to pull a fast one. His number is 360-694-9566. You'll need H x W x L and what the machinery weighs. Also, have the ship from and ship to zip codes available.

Hope this helps!

Dave
Global Equipment Exporters
So after hiring Nationwide, they ended up dropping the ball. They called the dealer where the chipper was located late on a Friday and said they would be by to pick it up, but couldn't provide a time. The salesman ended up going home for the weekend, as he rightfully should have. When I talked to the rep from Nationwide, he tried to throw the Vermeer salesman under the bus and say he wasn't willing to stick around. I can't blame him. I would want to get on with my weekend as well. He also said he had no idea when the next driver would be in that area. I ended calling Kevin Browning from Focus North America. He was willing to match the quote from Nationwide and he had a truck an hour away. This just happened today, so I haven't received the shipment yet, but Kevin was great to work with. I wouldn't hesitate to use them if you are looking to have any heavy equipment transported. Thanks for the reference Dave.

Back