Shoes!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sac-climber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just curious what type of footwear you all sport while aloft?

Personally, I wear something like these most of the time....

1000x1000.jpg

I've got a pair of Vasque St. Elias boots that I really enjoy. They even leave the ground sometimes.

I usually wear my custom-fitted 10" logger style boots for climbing but I recently tried my uninsulated mountaineering boots (La Sportiva Trango) and they worked too. I often use a foot ascender so they have to be high enough for the strap.

I bought first generation ArbPros from Treestuff and love them. The second generation (EVO) look like bigger boots and less like climbing boots. The newest ones look more like climbing boots again. I put them on at the base of the tree and take them off when I am done climbing for 2 reasons:
1) They are not the most comfortable walking around boots (but they are nice in the tree)
2) I want to minimize the wear and tear.

I'd buy them again when these wear out, but they are no longer made. I'd try another pair of ArbPro boots given that experience.

I have and like Keen boots as they are comfortable, and not too expensive...but they do not hold up to tree climbing.

Depends on what you're doin up there?

Tennies are ok for light pruning.

But somethin a little more robust's needed for removal duties.image.jpg

Its a rain day and was at the mall and bought a pair of keen boots. They are alot lightet than my loggers.20141002_104715.jpg20141002_104657.jpg

The inside is bright red, dont know why its showing up pink.

Back