Shop Security an issue?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beezvet

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
First timer here. My small shop is in a small village and I've been pretty casual about locking up at the end of the day. Saws are chained together with a padlocked security wire but that's about it for precautions. Crime is fairly low around here. Should I be more prudent about locking doors and tools away? Curious what others think on the subject.

Yeah, you're right. My conscience was probably nagging me that caused me to write the query. Gotta tighten up.

out of sight out of mind
nobody makes a lock or cable that offers real security, especially for saws since you can just cut the plastic handles and replace for super cheap
if someone wants something bad enough they can have it, so make them not want it, first step being make them not know you have it
wont say much of what I do, BUT never leaving equipment in trucks overnight or on jobs is a big one

Thanks, good mindset. My cable goes through brake and bar, then through handle, but I get your message. Shop is locked now with zero advertising and nothing in sight.

Back