Shot crankshaft bearing on Stihl, advice anyone?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madrone

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
So I picked up a running MS210 to rebuild. Got a good deal because the owner said something was loose in the engine.
I figured worn piston skirt and took it apart. Turns out the piston is in great shape, cylinder is fine but the lower bearing connecting the crank/rod is cracked.

In trying to replace this non-rebuildable part, I find mixed info on whether I can use any crank from the 1123 series?

Using the search, I find advice saying the 021/ms210 had different port timing and a shorter rod than the rest. Because of this I can only replace the crank with another from a 021/210.

However, a popular used part seller on Ebay tells me any of his 1123 series cranks will work.

Thoughts, or does anyone have the right part to sell me?

-Mark

The 210 does have a unique crankshaft that is only used in that model

It has only one counter weight on the crankshaft

The connecting rod will slide right off and is replaceable along with the bearing rollers which incidentally, may be your problem?

Fish is correct

The MS210 has a 1.1" stroke whereas the 230 and 250 have a 1.26" stroke

Thanks for the input.
I was pretty sure of it, but when a large part seller on ebay tells you any of them will work, you have to check.

Now i've got to figure out how to tell him he's wrong.......

Thanks for the input.
I was pretty sure of it, but when a large part seller on ebay tells you any of them will work, you have to check.

Now i've got to figure out how to tell him he's wrong.......

Best way to get the message to him is to buy elsewhere!

Fish is correct

The MS210 has a 1.1" stroke whereas the 230 and 250 have a 1.26" stroke

I believe you can put a 250 p/c in place of a 210 p/c in those saws

You can get a 250 p/c kit from a member here

I still haven't been able to find a used crank for the ms210. Anyone have one to sell me?

Back